1. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I found this one that i could go pick up today, the only problem with it is on the part number 028145702, the letter on the end of mine is C and on this one its D.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUIN...item3ccc8b535d
    would that cause too much of a problem?

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Again I'd think so but better safe and all that, ring your Audi dealer and ask for parts then ask them they tend to be more helpful IME

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Thanks i ended up going and buying the turbo above as it was so close to where i live, atleast if its the wrong one its not so far to take it back lol

0 1 0

4. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The turbo in the image will need clocking in order to fit properly...Should work ok on your engine, still think you might have damaged something when the engine ruanaway !

1 0 0

5. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    The turbo in the image will need clocking in order to fit properly...Should work ok on your engine, still think you might have damaged something when the engine ruanaway !
    What do you mean by it will need clocking? hopefully the mechanic who is going to be fitting it will know this anyway :/
    He's tested the oil pressure or something and said that he can't test the engine properly yet untill the turbo is fitted but from what he can see it all looks fine.
    He said that all i need to get the car running properly again is a turbo (which i have got ^) a oil feed pipe, inlet gasket, manifold gasket, turbo gasket.
    Hopefully this all isn't too hard to get hold of

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A simple definition of clocking is alignment/orientation, I would recommend you allow your tame mechanic to do it

1 1 0

7. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctle Odd View Post
    A simple definition of clocking is alignment/orientation, I would recommend you allow your tame mechanic to do it
    That's the best advice so far !

2 0 0

8. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had the turbo fitted and the car is driving like a dream
    Only problem i have now is oil in the exhaust! the guy who fixed it said that i would have to drive the car for a bit to burn the oil in the exhaust before i get it mot'ed.
    But at the moment the car is sorn so i can't really be driving it on the road.

Any idea's on how i can get rid of the oil? baring in mind that the car is not road legal so giving it a good thrash down the motorway isn't an option.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You could leave it running while its on your drive but I don't think it's its going to get hot enough to burn all the crap out, only other option is taking the exhaust off and cleaning it out a bit and putting it back together though that would be a ballache to be honest unless you are up for that obviously.
    good to read the new turbo is on and alls running well, might have to consider this on mine in the future if there a bit of gain in it without any major mods.

0 1 0

10. Re: A4 B5 1.9tdi AFN - Turbo Blown 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, yeah the car is running perfectly now, i think the turbo must of already been on its way out when i brought it because it never had this much power before.
    I can't really have it running on my drive because im at work all day.
    I'm thinking about giving it to a garage to see if they can drill a hole in the exhaust to drain the oil out and weild it back up. fingers crossed

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast