1. EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So if everytime it rains and you open the drivers or passengers door and get a your feet soaked by water falling off the door sill then their is a fix..... ACT NOW or pay the penalty:

If you have an EOS and it is still under warranty then you need to contact them ASAP and get them to apply the fix which was as per their Technical Bulletin Nov 2009 I believe.
    Unfortunately my dealership never told me about the fix and quoted this:

Please find below as requested a break down of the repair required for your vehicle.
    The seals require optimising to reduce water ingress to the vehicle and will require krytox application as discussed.
    Labour: 256.33 + VAT
    Parts: 89.19 + VAT
    VAT: 69.11
    Total: 414.63 INC VAT

I was initially offered a 50% goodwill gesture from VW as the car is now out of warranty which after a phone call to VW was increased to 70%

0 0 0

2. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what was the outcome

0 0 0

3. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see at least 3 EOS's a week at my work all for roof, boot and door seals. But as above if in warranty contact the dealer as soon as possible as the complete fix will cost around 2k!

0 0 0

4. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what year models leak /or do they all

paul

0 0 0

5. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Most tend to leak. Not too many in warranty but main dealers usually work out a good will for their customers. However you can get a good one which won't for a long time.

0 0 0

6. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so much for vw build quality

0 0 0

7. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is quite amazing that VW themselves don't check them or even make a modified seal. Usually the technician working on the car modifies the drain tubes to help prevent further leaks.

0 0 0

8. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the severe delay in responding.
    I paid £100 towards the cost an initially was very pleased that it looked like the issue had been resolved. Unfortunately on the next downpour we ended up with a complete flood so the car had to go back. Luckily I filmed where the water was coming and emailed them. They said they had incorrectly fitted the seal and that the drainage channel had become detached so a quick fix was made.
    (Touching some wood). I can report that the issue has been fully resolved.....

I would note that the new seals did not fix the issue of water collecting in the door sill...in fact water seems to be held more so you have to watch out when opening the doors so you don't get wet feet.

0 0 0

9. Re: EOS Water In Door Sill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My wife's 7 year old Eos is as dry as the Sahara unless I get really crazy with the pressure washer, in which case there might be a few drips. I put this down to two things, that I willingly offer as tips:

1. Garage the car at night, especially in winter time. Leaving a convertible out exposed to frost, ice and snow is going to lead to heartache.

2. Beware dealer servicing - some of them wouldn't know a tin of Krytox from a lavatory air freshener. My very, very good local indy is extremely thorough and makes sure it goes everywhere it should. All the seals still look like new.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0