Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Can I connect to MMI’s Bluetooth handsfree while connecting to a 3rd party Bluetooth music adaptor?

1. Can I connect to MMI’s Bluetooth handsfree while connecting to a 3rd party Bluetooth music adaptor? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi! Anyone has experience of using Bluetooth music adaptor for AMI while connecting to the Audi’s original Bluetooth handsfree at the same time using the same phone?

I am interested in buying the ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth wireless music adaptor which claims to be working with any Audi Music Interface (AMI) with iPod options. It claims it will just work like a normal AMI except it is wireless and I don’t need to have my iPhone actually attached to the AMI or buy an extra iPod which I don’t really use often since I only use iPhone to listen to music and perform all my other tasks. As described, once connected it will allows me to display the entire music, browse the music list on the MMI screen, I can also see the song info, and control the music from the MMI control panel or steering wheel which sounds interesting as I have not come across any other product on the market that allows a wireless display of iPod library.

However, I use Audi’s Bluetooth handsfree a lot so I was wondering if I would be able to connect to the Audi’s original handsfree while connecting to Tune2Air adaptor at the same time? The webpage info seems to say ok but as I know Bluetooth is 1 to 1 connection isn’t it? Has anyone got idea? Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out here. Cheers!

0 0 0

2. Re: Can I connect to MMI’s Bluetooth handsfree while connecting to a 3rd party Bluetooth music adaptor? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is a new product that hasn't quite arrived yet (i'm led to believe its this week), but I will be testing it with various vehicles in the work car-park, so that will include VW, Audi, and two other major German brands, and one UK company owned by an Indian company no doubt.

The iPhone supports multiple bluetooth streams at once, so I don't see an issue with an iPhone having a HFP pairing to the bluetooth phone system and an A2DP (etc) connection to this device for music and track info at the same time.

I haven't seen a device that takes advantage of anything more than "track title of the current strong" over a bluetooth audio/control connection yet - so this should be great (subject to Apple IOS bugs!) and the product photos released by ViseeO (see ViseeO WMA-1000 Bluetooth Audio Streaming iPod/iPhone Adapter | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd ) show a Mercedes head unit that i'm very familiar with showing the screen i'd expect so that is good.

Viseeo also have a very good track record of doing clever Bluetooth interfaces (they have a device that pretends to be a Nokia 6310i and does bluetooth so that the integrated phone system works on older vehicles made by a certain other German manufacturer) - so I do expect this to work extremely well.

Theres also apparently a version coming in a couple of months time which has the AMI lead built in (same as VW lead and Mercedes MI lead, and looks like the Jaguar Landrover connector to me too) which saves buying an expensive AMI lead set but I think most people with AMI already have the leads.

Richard

ps for the avoidance of doubt, i am associated with the company in the link, but these devices will be available everywhere when available, but figured it was better I give people up-to-date info rather them having no info - and thats where i'm likely to maintain any product testing results we do.

0 0 0