1. RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have a retro fit RNS-D in my B6 A4. The RNS-D turns itself off after exactly one hour of being on, almost as if it's on a timer. Does anyone know what causes this?

Also, I cannot turn off TP, ie pressing TP for a few seconds does not work.

Is the solution in VCDS maybe?

0 0 0

2. Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok.

I Did a bit more digging and it is possible that a lack of S-Kont power causes the radio unit to switch off after an hour. This might be some sort of power saving function so that the unit does not stay on if the ignition is switched off.

After installing the RNS-D, I didn't bother with the iginition switched live, as the unit functioned without it, but it would seem that it is for a fail-safe switch off.

I'll have a look around, time permitting and see if the problem can be easily resolved.

0 0 0

3. Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Update.
    Connecting the S-Kont pin allows the TP function to be switched on and off. In addition the unit now turns of automatically with the ignition switch and it no longer turns itself off after an hour of being switched on.

0 0 0

4. Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    am not sure if i you got my post but i will ask the same qn again, where do you connect the S KONT, to?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
    Update.
    Connecting the S-Kont pin allows the TP function to be switched on and off. In addition the unit now turns of automatically with the ignition switch and it no longer turns itself off after an hour of being switched on.

0 0 0

5. Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good evening

I have exactly the same symptoms on my 2003 A6 : automatic shutdown after exactly one hour and unability to switch off TP.

Could you tell me what the "S-Kont pin" is ? I am not familiar with this part. I understand you managed to solve the problem by connecting this pin, but what did you connect it to ?

My car is a second hand car (in fact I am the 5th owner) and the original CD-changer was replaced by an MP-3 player. Does this have a link with the S-Kont ?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    A very late reply, but if I remember correctly, the S-Kont needs to be connected to ignition live.

0 0 0

7. Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

I had the same problems with my A6

I had checked all possible fused until I found the electrical wiring diagram and saw there was a fuse (S43) connected to the ignition live and the radio unit

I saw there was no fuse at the 43 place, so I placed one and all troubles disappeared !!

so before you remove all parts , nuts and bolts, first check this fuse. It is 5 A

0 0 0