1. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Gup, your comments made me do something I've been thinking about for a while.

I checked the VCDS user location map as I remembered our member BagpipingAndy from Maybole has the system and has offered to help before.....He's based in Maybole which is about an hour away from me I guess.
    I contacted him with a view to see if he can help and looks like he can......The upside is, he's also well up on the air suspension replacement parts for the Allroad, the parts actually cross refer to some ofthe Jags and he's on my forum too, so its a good chance to meet up and have a face to face / the craic as it were........

Really looking forward to getting together with Andy on this hopefully he can help and perhaps save £££.........worst case scenario, we meet and have some banter, all good

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 1 0

2. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Another little tid bit... Audi Portal: Diagnostic

This site had great info on MVB blocks to look at, if you select ECU then make vehicle selection/module...

The other two menus accept G & N numbers to show the item/info,etc...

0 0 0

3. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Gup, an absolute mine of information once again mate, thanks so much!

You truly are one of the gentleman of the forum, great really informative posts ALWAYS long and indepth c/w with pictures and or videos.......An awesome member to have onboard VWAF

I know that Peter and you are both right.....I know myself that I need a diagnostic run and am trying to diagnose myself prior to going in to the dealers next week, for a costly run on the diagnostics. I am a big fan of the dealers don't get me wrong, but like most people things are tight right now and if there's any way I can save £££ on diagnostics + fitting charges, I have to explore that option.

I know that low on power and high fuel consumption can be attributed to a few things, and that the coolant sensor + MAF could have their part to play.....The Lambda sensor G39 is now also a possible culprit I guess?

To be fair and rather than throw parts at it I need a live scan. Don't know if we have anyone with the kit and knowledge in the Glasgow area, I'll need to check.

Failing that I have no option I guess but to wait and get it into the dealers as booked for next week.

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated as always
    sorry just had to
    A6 C6 Avant TDI, de-Badged, LED side lights, LED numberplate lights not just bulbs! so far!!

0 2 0

4. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey guys,
    called down to see BagpipingAndy as I mentioned a few days ago, to get the car scanned.
    We spent some time and found as follows. The car showed no fault codes.

Andy thought the engine seemed a little rough, but couldn't pinpoint what he was hearing?
    During the text drive we made sure to get the car up to temp.....I also managed to show Andy the juddering which seems to have returned
    at low speeds / revs and when asking for a little more power.

During a running / live scan we found the following
    Andy seems to think that the EGR looks to be out of spec ( see VCDS scans below )

The question is - Can anyone help to decipher what they mean / what issue they pinpoint?
    Any help appreciated as always

At 1
    st idle:

readings after 1min at idle:
    group 3, “EGRactual” and group 10 “MAF actual” go out of spec normal or not??

This view shows group 41 in the centre: EGR manifold flap condition:

this view below shows group 42

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Andy for his help with this, It was really nice to meet a fellow forumer and have the craic.

On another note, it was also really cool to see his engineering setup for manufacturing the air compressor repair kits that
    he offers for the Allroads and others ( they also fit quite a few Jags )
    Its fantastic that someone like Andy can take the initiative to offer this kit at something like a tenth of the price of what it would
    cost for a new compressor ( which, when the issue arises is what the dealers advise )

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 0 0

5. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi. Did you found out why this EGR reading was out of spec? I have this as well. I have lumpi idle and it drives lumpy at 1200 rpm. over this seems fine. I tried to adjust torsion also but still same. Vcds shows --

Address 01: Engine Labels: 03G-906-016-BLB.clb
    Part No SW: 03G 906 016 HS HW: 03G 906 016 HS
    Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000SG 8754
    Revision: --H02--- Serial number:
    Coding: 0000072
    Shop #: WSC 02324 785 00200
    VCID: 7BF59D8A3A244A9AF5-802E

1 Fault Found:
    001027 - EGR Valve (N18)
    P0403 - 000 - Malfunction
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 255
    Mileage: 205544 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2016.10.18
    Time: 18:46:28

Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 882 /min
    Speed: 0.0 km/h
    Duty Cycle: 0.0 %
    Voltage: 13.98 V
    Mass Air / Rev.: 510.0 mg/str
    Duty Cycle: 0.0 %
    Bin. Bits: 00000000

Readiness: 0 0 1 1 1

But will this affect only idle and revs on 1200 rpm??? NO check engine light. Its interesting that VCDS auto scan shows P0403 - 000 - Malfunction ...BUT No light on the dash. When bought car it had this lumpiness already and i cleaned egr..still same.

0 0 0

6. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. Newb here, sorry if im posting in wrong group. Im wanting to know the location of the coolant sensor on my a6 3.0tdi v6. Sourced one frm TPS. Thank u in advance

0 0 0

7. Re: Coolant temp sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, could you also supply me with the details ? 😬

0 0 0

8. Re: Coolant temp sensor location?