1. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    I've been looking at the 2.0TDI and have pretty much discounted the auto option due to all the problems people have had (yes I know I'll attract flack for that) but the web is full of horror stories of boxes failing, as I'm looking for a long time purchase I really don't want to buy a potential ticking time bomb.

0 0 0

2. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the auto and pedals are offset on it. Hit the brake a couple of times when I should have hit accerlator. If Saab & Volvo could build cars with almost perfect seating position (which has been proved by various sports science studies)for the body then why can no one else? My 9-3 was perfect seating and could spend hours behind the wheel without any discomfort or pain.

0 0 0

3. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I'm driving a loan SE for the next couple of days with multitronic.. the pedals ARE NOT offset, 20 seconds adjusting my seat from the previous driver made everything perfect.

1 1 0

4. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think you might find the pedals are off set. There are photo's that shows various makes and models off cars and compares offsets, pedal height etc in one of my sports science journals but I don't have enough posts to show it and trying to explain would take to long.

0 0 0

5. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that whether one considers the pedals offset or not depends on what you're using as a point of reference.
    Different people will have different opinions on the issue, and whether or not any perceived offset constitutes a problem.

For example, if you take the full width of the foot well cavity, how would you expect to have the pedals distributed?
    For a manual box would this be 1/3rd - 1/3rd - 1/3rd ?
    Or would you expect to have a space in the left-hand area for a footrest, resulting in 1/4th - 1/4th - 1/4th - 1/4th?
    And what if it's a 'tronic box with only two pedals? How should they be spaced?
    Should the position of the throttle pedal change between manual and 'tronic vehicles?
    All I'm trying to show is that there could be multiple answers to the same issue.

In my multitronic there's no doubt the throttle pedal is well over to the right. There's not much space between it and the right-hand wall.
    The brake pedal is of course massive and very roughly positioned right/centre.
    (No, wait, that's not what I meant. I didn't mean 'very roughly positioned'. I'm sure Audi didn't just jam it in wherever they could. What I meant was it's 'positioned approximately right/centre'. That's better. )
    This leaves a great void to the left where I can tuck my port foot out of the way.

And overall that combination suits me well enough. Horses for courses, I think.

0 1 0

6. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For the pedals to be off set, most studying ergonomics take the seat position in relation to steering wheel and pedals to work out off set. It is a multidisciplinary field though only the Swedish seem to manage it better than most. The calculations involve, width of pedals, angle of pedals, position of pedals in relation to steering wheel, seat height in relation to pedal height, footwell spacing, transmission tunnel width etc.

To fully explain would take too long and wll post pictures when enough posts are generated.

Some people dont find the pedal offset a problem, some people do.

0 0 0

7. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I think the question of whether or not the pedals are offset also depends on if the person having the issue has an un-diagnosed case of rickets

0 1 0

8. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Saab definately know how to make a comfortable drive my Dad had a 900 of the '95 vintage and it was one of the most comfortable drives I have ever had. He is now on Saab no 3 and devastated they are no longer made!!!
    His - 2012 A6 177bhp S-Line Daytona Grey standard apart from ambient light pack
    Hers - 2011 A1 122tfsi sport in black

0 0 0

9. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that if you draw a line extended from where the flat bit of the squab meets the side wall, the accelerator should be 4cm left of that line.

In the C7, it's clearly to the right of that line, which is why it is uncomfortable.

Steve, why not post a link to the photos, if you don't have enough brownie points to post the photos themselves.

If you like, I can host them on an FTP site. PM me if you want me to do that.

A6 SE Estate 3.0 TDi with no style but loads of gizmos

1 0 0

10. Re: offset Pedals 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Been driving the C7 for 4 days now and cannot complain one single bit about the pedals. Feel fine and its lovely to drive.

Stupid multitronic nearly made me crash though this afternoon with the stupid no creep and slow takeoff!

Have her till Tuesday so will update things later on.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast