1. bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ive heard there r gains in mpg and power with bigger injectors.
    Which ones wld b best for my engine?
    Ur advice is much appriciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not on a pd + they are so expensive that it will negate any savings ! The above is right for the older, VE engines fitted with a rotary pump. They were the first truly economical diesels VAG group came up with, no modern cars can beat them for reliability and fuel economy. On these swapping the nozzles gave you more power and better fuel economy !

0 0 0

3. Re: bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok thanks for that adam. Any info on what upgraded nozzels? Also with new or different nozzels,is a pop test needed?

0 0 0

4. Re: bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need special machinery in order to change nozzles on pd injectors and even then it's easy to break the pins which renders the injectors useless. I would contact Ryan at Darkside developments for injectors, he has them set-up by Thomas- a pd wizz from Germany ! Nobody in uk can set PD nozzles as he does and that's a fact ! You're looking at 800 quid + the car will need a remap and larger turbo as well. What's your power goal as pd injectors are fine for up to 230Bhp ? Firad, DSS Ultime or Bosio are the nozzles to go for...

1 0 0

5. Re: bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeh i remember ryan the caddy2k. Ive been on his website,mindblowing what he can do.
    Im after about 200bhp but still retaing good mpg. Just want the power there when needed but still being a good mpg reteurner.
    Im worried then with the mods mentioned that no matter how u drive mpg will b poor.
    Il get in touch with ryan n get his input =output.
    Cheers adam.

0 0 0

6. Re: bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For 200 Bhp you don't need injectors, just a BV43 turbo and a good remap. I have a b6 audi a4 FWD and i have about 180Bhp with above mods, however i have a custom remap but for a stock pd130 turbo. Runs nice but i would only go above 200Bhp only on a 4 wheel drive, i am having issues putting all that torque even with 9"x18" alloys wrapped in 245 wide tyres ! However the pd130 does not make enough torque low down for my liking and the Mpg i get are not great 44Mpg average ! I have a b6 v6 tdi quattro from which i will pull the running gear (prop,6 speed gearbox and rear subframe + diff) and convert it to a proper torsen quattro when weather improves ! Next step would be a GTB2260vk turbo and Firad +80% nozzles but it's too much money and i don't like the car too much ! I have a 300Bhp v6 tdi quattro audi a6 which still returns 32Mpg average and that's mental, running nearly 700Nm of torque !
    here's pics of the a4:

0 0 0

7. Re: bigger injectors for avf 130? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Old thread I know..

Check which injectors you have fitted..