1. Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an Audi A6 2.0 tdi 2007 (57) and have just purchased a set of electric leather seats to replace my existing cloth seats. Can anyone with experience out there tell me if there is already a wiring loom in the car to allow an immediate upgrade or will I have to have it retro-fitted? If a retro fit can you recommend someone. I'm based in Berkshire in the UK. Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

b4abu

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A simple google returned this....
    If your current car only has electric lumber support, there will only be 2 0.5mm wires going into the re plug under the seat base. One of these is battery live and the other is body earth. If you fit full electric seats, ie S4 Recaro you will have to replace the 2 0.5mm wires with 2.5mm wires. The pin designations are the same, just pick them out with a small screwdriver (or proper tool !!) Then run the 2 uprated 2.5mm wires straight to the terminal 30 connection under the relay plate on the drivers side, via a 20amp fuse. All of the electric seat functions, except heatinr anrcarried out by these 2 wires. If youwant to fit the heated seat loom, your best bet is to purchase the exact loom fro www.kufatec.de for about £40. These plug into the heater control unit and then into the wiring plug under the seat. Easy job done. If you rally want to go mad, once you've fitted the heated seats, you can fit the heated steering wheel that runs off the drivers heated seat switch ! Even easier to wire up as you only run the small loom from the steering wheel control unit to the wheel itself andthen code up with the laptop !!!!
    Hope this is of some help to someone.
    Sounds a bit daunting, but if you need more info, PM
    Cheers for now !!

However...

This will work but you wont get the memory seat function,load of crap if only you drive the car anyway.

But then again....

Agree with you but not all recaros had the memory function.
    It's a little bit more tricky if you want memory as you will need the control unit and doors switches. Not impossible though !!!
    Always up for a challenge :-)
    Happy Days !
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 0 0

3. Post Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi rafletcher,

That is very useful information. Thanks for that.

In fact I have 2 connectors already under the seat; a yellow one for the airbag and a black one with the 2 x 0.5mm wires as you suggested (most likely lumbar support). However, the electric seats both have 3 connectors, 2 as mentioned and a red one with 2 x 2.5mm wires. I take it that from what you're saying I can get the seat fully operational by just replacing the 2 x 0.5mm wires with 2.5mm wires on the black lumbar support connector. Do I then connect the wires from the red connector to these as well (off course with an appropriate fuse in between)?

This came out of the breaking car:
    seat connector.jpg

I take it that the existing red connector is for the other operations of the electric seat i.e. up/down & backward/forward?

Once again thanks for all the information . Just got to wait for some decent weather. Unfortunately snow has been forecast for the weekend

Regards,

b4abu

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Out of interest, which breakers yard did you get the parts from. Is there anything else on the car that may be of use (Xenons, BOSE etc). I am based near you!

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi JoshA6,

I picked up the seats from Manchester. They're not a breakers but a small private garage.

Most of the car had been stripped bare. If you want to contact them first I'd suggest you call them first before making the trip.

Their details are:

Autodeutsch Ltd
    Norton street
    Miles Platting
    Manchester
    M40 8EH
    0161 205 2732

Good luck.

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    What about cars with no electric lumbar support, would it be possible to run the wiring to fit electric seats then? I don't specifically want elecy seats, but i will be on the hunt for some S Line seats in the not too distant future and it would be handy if i don't have to be too picky if a good deal comes up. My current seats are bargain basement, i don't even have tilt

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Andrew,

Not really sure about that. From what rafletcher says "run the 2 uprated 2.5mm wires straight to the terminal 30 connection under the relay plate on the drivers side, via a 20amp fuse" I believe it is possible. However, in my case I already have a black connector with 2 x 0.5mm wires. I just need to run another 2 x 2.5mm wires from the red connector to somewhere on the relay plate but not sure where. Without a proper wiring diagram it's just hit n miss. I'm still waiting for it from the breakers where I got my leather seats.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

b4abu

1 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bit of a longshot that you're even still on the forum, B4ABU, but did you ever get this sorted?

Thinking about doing the same with my electric lumbar & heated seats and upgrading to fully electric (although no memory) and want to know how to connect the plugs up?

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have upgraded to fully electric memory seats now, they came with a 14 C7 3.0tdi Quattro Avant
    57 A6 2.0 tdi 140 SE. Standard except for MMI Basic + and a remap by Expert Tuning, and a want list as long as the equator!

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 C6 Leather Seats Upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Turner View Post
    I have upgraded to fully electric memory seats now, they came with a 14 C7 3.0tdi Quattro Avant
    Wow, would you mind sharing how you wired in the memory part of the seat in terms of which wires are required to go to the door switch and which to the A pillar module?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast