Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner?

1. 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I just called the local dealer to book an MOT and they said that because the car is 5 years old it's due a 'Fuel pump belt and tensioner change' at a cost of £500 + ...

I have tried ringing around to get some more sensible quotes and another dealer has never heard of this being done...

Is it part of the service schedule like a cambelt would be on a car that has one? If so what should I be paying?

0 0 0

2. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    My A6 3.0 TDi will be 5 years old this month and nothing has been mentioned

1 0 0

3. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I had both done when getting the chains done... mine is a 2005 A6 V6 3.0 TDi EU4... mine was at 75k miles... V belt (aux belt) was noisy when cold and showing signs of cracks as the fuel pump belt was cheap had both done...

Belt for the high pressure fuel pump belt is cheap ish... even at a dealer you looking at approx £25 for belt £70 for tensioner...

The Aux belt which drive the other stuff is about £50 ish and tensioner is about a £100 (mine was showing signs of oil leakage)...

Above is just parts prices... IIRC the fuel pump belt can be done without bumper removal... to do aux belt & tensi. IIRC the bumper removed and rad must be moved forward...
    Again had stuff done as part of other job...

More info here:- What belts are fitted to my car?

I think your setup would be very similar as I think your car has the EU5 version V6 which is fitted also to the A6 2009 - 2011 besides other VAG vehicles...

Link:- EU5 3.0TDi SSP

Have you had a second quote from another dealer? how many miles on clock?

Only seen a few posts where fuel pump belt snap but IIRC does not cause any further damage (again only what I read)... car just conk out due to lack of fuel...

0 0 0

4. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, thanks for the links and this info. Much appreciated indeed.

I tried to get a quote from another dealer ... but it sounded like i was speaking to a guy on his first day in the job :-( .. He went away to 'parts' to get a price and came back to me with a cost of £70... (for all the parts I guess)... He said he wasn't aware of them ever doing this job on the 3.0 TDI...

0 0 0

5. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi ...

I did mine for reasons... noisy, cracks, leaks on tensioner, part of another bigger job...

You still not said what age/mileage?

I've now searched your past posts.... Link:- Lower Ball joint wear

Quote Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
    Hi

My A4 (3.0tdi, 4 + years old, 34k on the clock) started making a grinding noise when I turned the wheels last week. It's still under Audi Used car warranty... took it in... Lower ball joints wearing! Not covered by warranty :-( ... I had both arms replaced... (and paid for it) Problem sorted..

I got the impression from the dealer staff that this is a common problem on B8 A4s. Anyone else had this? Seems a bit rubbish at such a low mileage.

If you still have this car... save the your £££ ...

0 0 0

6. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, Sorry... current miles 43k

0 0 0

7. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I really wouldn't bother mate ... spend the money on a remap/alloys or accessories... I'd consider it when you have an issue or @100k...

If you have a other half maybe get choco's, etc...

And you could be up to more fun ...

So enjoy that V6 beauty ...

0 0 0

8. Re: 3.0 TDI V6 Fuel pump belt & tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    I had both done when getting the chains done... mine is a 2005 A6 V6 3.0 TDi EU4... mine was at 75k miles... V belt (aux belt) was noisy when cold and showing signs of cracks as the fuel pump belt was cheap had both done...

Belt for the high pressure fuel pump belt is cheap ish... even at a dealer you looking at approx £25 for belt £70 for tensioner...

The Aux belt which drive the other stuff is about £50 ish and tensioner is about a £100 (mine was showing signs of oil leakage)...

Above is just parts prices... IIRC the fuel pump belt can be done without bumper removal... to do aux belt & tensi. IIRC the bumper removed and rad must be moved forward...
    Again had stuff done as part of other job...

More info here:- What belts are fitted to my car?

I think your setup would be very similar as I think your car has the EU5 version V6 which is fitted also to the A6 2009 - 2011 besides other VAG vehicles...

Link:- EU5 3.0TDi SSP

Have you had a second quote from another dealer? how many miles on clock?

Only seen a few posts where fuel pump belt snap but IIRC does not cause any further damage (again only what I read)... car just conk out due to lack of fuel...

hey man..i have the same car , a 2006 version and i had the ratling noise, i found this topic
    a. The noises are caused by the drive C chain (right cylinder bank). After switching off the engine the camshaft transmits resetting torques on the chain. As a result the oil is pressed out of the chain tensioner and the tensioner retracts fully.
    At the start, the tensioning rail touches the housing (hard plastic on aluminium housing) till the tensioner is again filled with oil.
    This causes sporadic rattling noises for 1- 2 sec.

b. This complaint can be mixed up with something else. If the injectors start to leak (injector needle wear), after a stationary period of 10 - 20 minutes this can lead to accumulation and evaporation of fuel in the combustion chamber.
    This makes starting the engine more difficult. The fuel accumulation leads to a premature ignition in the combustion chamber and hence to a metallic knocking (hard combustion). Similar to an incorrect chain tensione

a. Optimised tensioning rail (chain tensioner).

4F87N154787

4L27D099846

8E37A258550

4E47N020219

b. Optimised injectors.

4F37N026750

8E47A040360

4EX7N004204

but then i tried to show this codes to the audi dealer parts and it didnt show up... do you know where can i found those parts??..

Cheers.

by the way, im having problems with gearbox, it seem to be a commom problem for the ZF6HP19 transmission, its called the slurch...

Variant 1 : The Lurch we experience occurs when you bring the car to a halt in a smooth manner by braking very gently and letting the car come very smoothly to rest. Just before the car has come to a complete rest a little lurch like somebody has gently nudged the car occurs. It feels like a gear is being engaged or disengaged just before coming to rest. This can vary in intensity from a very slight nudge to a powerful jump that rocks the car.
    Variant 2 : In addition, when you slow very gently to a creeping halt without actually stopping and then gently try to accelerate - there is a slight hesitation when the engine revs higher, then the gearbox engages the drive wheels with a jolt. This varies from a harsh jolt to snatchy.

source Jaguar S-Type ZF Gearbox Lurch fault

0 0 0