Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looking good where on ebay did you buy them from ??

0 0 0

2. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got some genuine rear led lights today(thankyou e-bay) they the genuine ones,the plugs are different compared to my cars as its currently the boring bulb ones.

the plug-connecter that fits on the outer light is the same except the led one has a bit of plastic sticking out allowing the plug not to fit,if i file it down i know it will fit,but is the wiring in the right order? heres a pic of the led one,the outer one:

Now i also need the plug for the one that fits the boot lid (saloon) heres the image for that.

r5

0 0 0

3. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=mavA4;773622]Update:

Just back from Audi Huntingdon to have my car coded. All good and lights function as if factory fitted. Coding cost me £50 (Audi Milton Keynes quoted £147 ???) , but now my car is set up permanently. I have been assured by them that the settings/coding will not be deleted or reverted back to factory settings when I take my car in for a service/repairs etc.

Function:
    Brake : Bright LED Ring (Inners and outers lights combined)
    Tail/Driving: Dim LED Ring (Inners and outes combined)
    Fog: Bulb (Inners only)
    Rev: Bulb (Inners only)
    Indicator: Bulb (Outers only)

So in short it cost me 2x3B0972705 connectors (£1.75 each) and £50 for coding. But please check with Audi if your BCM2 convenience unit is compatible for LED lights before you do this mod. Luckily mine was correct as per the Audi Technician.

And yes the lights look awesome! [

where did u get the connectors from?3B0972705

0 0 0

4. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can I ask we're the lights from a one off sale or from a dealer as I won't to make this change and if it was a dealer could you post the details

0 0 0

5. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    were the lights expensive?
    Audi A6 3.0 BiTDI Black Edition

0 0 0

6. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got them off someone who was breaking a 2012 a4 off e-bay..........paid £300 for the lights.

0 0 0

7. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mavA4 View Post
    I finally got time to wash the car and take some pictures. Below is a guide on what I did to retrofit LED lights without any Kufatech adapters. Please note that this is only a guide and that I take no responsibility for any damage/problems.

Attachment 18965
    Has anyone else done the retrofit using this guide? I am going to attempt the conversion on my late 2008 A4 S Line this weekend with some used lights I bought off ebay. I just wanted to get a bit of assurance before I started changing the existing wiring configuration & connectors

0 0 0

8. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    YEAH ME! ive done them.....il send you pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGL2014 View Post
    Has anyone else done the retrofit using this guide? I am going to attempt the conversion on my late 2008 A4 S Line this weekend with some used lights I bought off ebay. I just wanted to get a bit of assurance before I started changing the existing wiring configuration & connectors

0 0 0

9. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vw754 View Post
    YEAH ME! ive done them.....il send you pm.
    Thanks for the PM . Unfortunately I cannot reply as I am a Newby and need a post count of at least 10. Could you PM me your number and I will give you a call?

0 0 0

10. Re: 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    done.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGL2014 View Post
    Thanks for the PM . Unfortunately I cannot reply as I am a Newby and need a post count of at least 10. Could you PM me your number and I will give you a call?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast