1. Question Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got voice command and have never got it to work properly, which is annoying. I did some research on VWAF and got the help menu up with the commands available so far so good.

My phone connects via BT fine and I have all my numbers etc to hand. When I use one or any of the voice command I just get the reply "phone book is empty" The car had GSM fitted by the previous owner by Audi from new with the Nokia cradle in the arm rest. Obviously the Nokia phone isn't in there and I took out the cradle because it took up vital space! the cable it connected to is still there and disappears into the dash.

Does the voice command only work with the original nokia that would have been used by the previous owner?
    If so can I change this and put one in to fit my samsung?
    lastly one of the commands is pin number what exactly does this refer to?
    I don't want to play around with it and lock the MMI or BT
    Cheers
    A6 C6 Avant TDI, de-Badged, LED side lights, LED numberplate lights not just bulbs! so far!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,

No expert here, but I found my phone integrated much better after I upgraded my MMI version to the latest 5570 release. Before it would work, but no directory or other functions.

I don't have voice command on mine (just the button).

Also features vary depending on phone type and in my case with a blackberry, the software version on the phone itself.

I'd start by checking the basics of MMI version and ensuring maybe that all your options are set up correctly by checking for error codes in VCDS. My bluetooth wasn't coded correctly and was posting an error in VCDS, found the thing to change, fixed it and it then worked better.

Good luck.

0 0 0

3. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    After you press the voice button on the steering wheel & it beeps, are you saying "store name"?

My system doesn't have the cradle so it could be completely irrelevant to your problem, but that's how I populated the phonebook, before I did that, I was getting the "phonebook empty" message too. I've never been asked for a PIN however except when pairing my phone via bt originally, but as apole suggested that could be software version related as mine was given a sw update at the same time I had the bt module retrofitted.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

4. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    press the speak button then say HELP.

it will tell you what you can do.

0 0 0

5. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I thought the phone book entries for voice commands were separate to the normal directory, or from the phone's book.

With my last A6 it did voice for telephone only and in the 2 years I owned I managed to store only my wife's mobile and my home landline. I still never did use it though. On my current car I can control everything from voice, nav etc. And I've not used it once. Maybe I could eventually get used to it, but to me it's just as easy twiddling a knob.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

6. Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Your new A6 has full SDS whereas your old car, my ca and most other people's cars only have telephone SDS and presumably OP's too.

This can be retrofitted as I fitted it to my rnse in the a3 and what a waste of money and time it was as half the time it doesn't understand what you're saying and it's quicker pressing the relevant button on the mmi anyway.

0 0 0

7. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Spot on pxr5. The directory that imports your phone's phonebook is separate from the phonebook function on the car. With the car's phonebook it is a little tedious having to add all the entries individually, but now I've done it I find it really useful.

-Press the voice button & wait for the beep.
    -Say "store name".
    -When prompted, say the contact's name.
    -When asked to repeat it, repeat the name.
    -You'll then be asked to give the telephone number one digit at a time & after each one, it'll confirm back to you. This is the tricky bit as it does mishear numbers quite easily.

If you get any problems doing this Chadders, just give me a shout as I've recently added quite a few names to my own.

Cheers,
    Paul.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 1 0

8. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Your new A6 has full SDS whereas your old car, my ca and most other people's cars only have telephone SDS and presumably OP's too.

This can be retrofitted as I fitted it to my rnse in the a3 and what a waste of money and time it was as half the time it doesn't understand what you're saying and it's quicker pressing the relevant button on the mmi anyway.
    I find it really good Chris, admittedly I have a South East accent (so no accent), but it gets it right first time nearly every time & it's quicker than using buttons.

-Press the voice button
    -After the beep, say "select name"
    -When prompted, say the name
    -When it repeats the name back to you, just say "Dial" before it has a chance to give you any more options & hey presto, it's ringing.

All done in about 5 seconds.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

9. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    I find it really good Chris, admittedly I have a South East accent (so no accent), but it gets it right first time nearly every time & it's quicker than using buttons.

-Press the voice button
    -After the beep, say "select name"
    -When prompted, say the name
    -When it repeats the name back to you, just say "Dial" before it has a chance to give you any more options & hey presto, it's ringing.

All done in about 5 seconds.
    It must be my Northern accent then lol. As entering the number itself was a right PITA - not something to do when driving either as it is very distracting tallking to a machine when entering a contact - as I said I managed to get two into mine before I gave up, trying to do the whole of my phone directory would take ages.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

10. Re: Voice command issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think you're right, accents probably confuse it & like I said, the numbers were the trickiest bit & yes, a pita. But worth it imo. I only entered the ones I call regularly though.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast