Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG Question?

1. Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG Question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys

Im looking at buying a 2nd hand Scirocco from VW. One of my main concerns about this car is its fuel consumption.

Currently i drive a VW Golf 1.6 FSI SE. It does about 370 miles to a full tank, is there anyone out there with a Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG that coukd tell me how many miles they can get out of a full tank?

Thanks in advance for your help and if there is anything else you think i might need to know about the car please feel free to comment.

Than You

0 0 0

2. Re: Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG Question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Most of the time its not what you drive but how you drive it. If you make a concentrated effort than the fuel consumption should be respectable - being turbocharged means the engine is more efficient anyway and the DSG will change to give the most economical changes if you drive conservatively enough.

Although it is more expensive at the pump use shell v-power as it will increase mpg, keep the internals cleaner for longer and long term will be the same cost as using 95RON fuel but with the benefits of having additives.
    Had MKV GTI, Now Ford Falcon

0 0 0

3. Re: Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG Question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I believe it's the same engine (or similar) to what's in my GTI and in my wife's car, both 2.0T DSG. Neither gets driven balls-out. Neither manages much better than 30mpg around town, usually high 20's. On a long run the high 30's is all we normally see. I don't know the tank size on a Scirocco, but you can work backward from that.

Unless you have a particular aversion to foercourts, mpg is all that's going to be relevant. If you are strongly motivated by cost of motoring and are doing a lot of miles then diesel is the only way to go. Remember that going brim to brim is less economical because of all the extra weight of fuel you are lugging around.

On the subject of premium petrol, there are regular back to back tests in the mototring press and they invariably come out with the conclusion that you get slightly better mpg but it's not worth the extra cost. You do get better performance, but if your primary concern is mpg this is going to be irrelevant.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

4. Re: Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG Question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I get 30mpg regardless of whether I use 95 or 98 octane.

Air-con drops this by 2mpg and putting the boot down for a while really affects it,I've see 16mpg!!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT DSG Question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    -M- talks sense. My initial thoughts are that if you only get 370 out of a tank full in the 1.6FSI then you will not be happy with the 2.0 turbo. But, I don't know how much fuel you have left when you fill. I had a 2.0FSI Golf and got around 39mpg, around 450 miles per tank. Now I have a 160 tsi Scirocco and get around 41mpg. I test drove a used 2.0 turbo and couldn't get the display any better than 32mpg over 36 miles so I think you will be disappointed in the fuel consumption.

0 0 0