Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The follower has slot... so I would assume you would make note of originals position when replacing...

The view of the left (bank 1)...

Zoom...

Besides the room issue the clip on this side needs to be pushed on from below...

The view of the right (bank 2)...

Zoom...

Clip can be fitted easier this side but the room/capability to fit seems issue IMO ...

1 1 0

2. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like a fiddle. Someone needs to try fitting these to find out if it is possible. Even if you could do one without removing a bank then it would be a time saver. Just no way of knowing from just looking at the pictures, (as clear as they are) if there is room.

Sure to find out soon from the thread starter.

The follower has slot... so I would assume you would make note of originals position when replacing...
    Yes, the they would need to slide on to the shaft the same way as original.

Gup, just looking at the picture of the replacement connector rods, are they modified design? I believe they original socket joint on these has a small contact surface on the ball. These look more like the design of the ones I fitted. More surface area = less wear. Can cause a little more friction, mine where a little stiff to start and threw up a slightly different fault code. A bit of bedding in and they have been no problem.
    Audi Allroad 3.0tdi. Tiptronic. 12/12/2006. Full Phantom Black, 19" alloys, MMI high, Navigation, Phone prep, Heated sports seats with memory, Parking advanced with rear camera, Sunroof, Rear blinds.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I bought the parts to (i) view (ii) I didn't want to find out they've been dropped by the time I do/if need them... my swirl motors/manifolds are original (quickly touch lucky charms )...

I agree the link arms when compared to my current differ... current are more of ring with follower showing through, the new ones are a socket and you can't see follower... as to which better ..

IMO the photos make it look roomier than the amount of room there is plus you have to go deep... I know I can't contort my fingers to do without removal ...

The other issue I could see is if you dropped part you will need a grab tool or something to fish it out...

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking like removing the swirl flaps is still the way to go.

If you see the way they wear, I believe these will last longer. The original parts in my opinion are a weak design.

When someone knows for sure the swirl flaps need to come off, I will add these parts to the repair option on the fix thread and write a quick text about fitting the new levers.
    Audi Allroad 3.0tdi. Tiptronic. 12/12/2006. Full Phantom Black, 19" alloys, MMI high, Navigation, Phone prep, Heated sports seats with memory, Parking advanced with rear camera, Sunroof, Rear blinds.

1 1 0

5. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Happy New Year Everyone and all the best for 2013 with lots of Audi motoring :-)

Just a quick update I have not had chance to try fitting the new bottom lever to the swirl flap on the drivers side but I thought to myself with the new connectors on the actual arm that came in the pack wonder if it will fit and off I went to fit it and yes it fits even with a completely worn bottom connector because it seems to grip onto another area of this it does not fall straight off. So very happy now no fault light showing and swirl flaps working perfectly without having no replace the fiddly bottom connector

1 2 0

6. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Great result ... super update ... Happy new year & Happy ...

for bringing this info here for us fellow V6 owners!

1 1 0

7. Thumbs up Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyandkaty View Post
    Happy New Year Everyone and all the best for 2013 with lots of Audi motoring :-)

Just a quick update I have not had chance to try fitting the new bottom lever to the swirl flap on the drivers side but I thought to myself with the new connectors on the actual arm that came in the pack wonder if it will fit and off I went to fit it and yes it fits even with a completely worn bottom connector because it seems to grip onto another area of this it does not fall straight off. So very happy now no fault light showing and swirl flaps working perfectly without having no replace the fiddly bottom connector

Good news, well done.

Question - did you change these in place or removed the motor's etc....

regards - rob

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Rob

I managed to change them in place its a bit fiddly trying to get the arm on the bottom connection with there being limited room, then I tried using a flat head screwdriver to get some pressure onto it and it then clipped into place. Hope this helps

1 1 0

9. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So finally I think it is best for everybody to change them ASAP as a preventive measure, isn't it? I will order a pair on Monday. Is there a different number for left and right or it is a kit?
    Thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Same P/N for either side ... order x2 if doing both sides...

0 0 0

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast