2. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surprisingly, I'm getting about 34 on average (mainly motorway, and A road) from a 2004 4.0tdi...

1 1 0

3. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are there differences in the engines with the newer D3's compared to early D3's? I think I recall reading the fuel economy specs for a 2004 3.0TDI extra urban being 33mpg whereas a 2008/09 D3 achieving 44mpg for extra urban?

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm blown away by some of these mpg figures. Like Bob Holmes I work the mpg out based on actual miles and litres filled and I rarely went over 34mpg over a tank. On one long run I hit 37 but then the nex one was about 30 suggesting the 37 was perhaps not against a full tank.
    i'm down to 27 now I just have a 3mile commute and the engine barely warms up (not good).

2007 Allroad, 3.0tdi Quattro ASB engine, 6 speed tiptronic. Remap had no effect on fuel consumption.

What rpm does the A8 sit at at 70mph? I think mine's about 2000rpm. A friends E280 sits a 1800.

My previous car was a 1.9tdi A4 and I got 45mpg combined so I didn't think 33 for the A6 was bad. It's the same as the published figures I think.

1 0 0

5. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Recently purchased an Audi A8 2011 3.0 TDI and have had it remapped at Superchip in MK.

Filled the tank and then checked milage at next refuel. It did 630 miles on 80.28 litres. = 35.6 mpg. The onboard comp says it should be 38mpg. This was 50% at motorway speeds and 50% round town but fortunately very few short journeys which seem to guzzle the fuel.

That was with me playing a little also. New toy and all.

I'm concentrating on economy only for the this tankful and will let you know. Have no figures pre remap as i had it done straight away.

1 1 0

6. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1 tip, Check your tyre pressure. Low profiles are very deceptive! Mine were half their recommended PSI before I pumped them up. They still look the same now they are fully inflated. Increased my motorway MPG by 5mpg

0 1 0

7. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update on the 2011 A8 3.0 TDI

Just filled up again and this time got 709 miles on 81 litres. this = 39.79 mpg which I'm really impressed with. Again 50% motorway and A roads and 50% round town. Very few short journeys. Long trip avge is now showing as 39.7 mpg too. Is this just coincidence as it was about 6% out before? Does it become more accurate over time?

I was deliberately driving with economy in mind....aircon off....fan off... everything off. No hard accelerating except for the odd overtake and using the cruise control as much as possible. I havent checked my tyre pressures yet but will do a8starr

I do have a question on the avge mpg on the short tripometer though.

For example .......... if I give it loads of welly then the short trip avge mpg will be low. Say 28 mpg. If I then stop at the pub for an hour before driving the 2 miles home sedately the short trip resets but the avge still stays low even for the short journey and change of driving style as if it has calibrated itself for the faster driving.
    If however I have been pootling along the motorway for a couple of hours and getting 50+ mpg on the short tripometer and then stop at the pub for an hour before the sedate drive home the short trip resets but the avge mpg very quickly shoots back up to high 30's even 40's.

So my question is this...... even though the 2 mile trip home from the pub is driven sedately every time is the short tripometer affected by how i was driving before hand? Is this to do with the car "learning" and trying to anticipate how i drive?....is the remap dynamic or intuitive in some way?

Wellpist.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2011 A8 3.0 TDi SE Exec. Used mainly for motorway I can comfortably achieve 43-45 mpg. Best ever was a rush hour run, 90% motorway, of 93 miles in 1h45m, average speed 52mph, average 51.3mpg! I even took a photo to prove it! Drove very sensibly but still phenomenal for such a big car. Round town......27-30ish.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    That's got to be a record! Unless anyone else knows otherwise !

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat1888 View Post
    That's got to be a record! Unless anyone else knows otherwise !
    Last refill was around 39mpg again. Seems to be the magic number for my current routine.

Did a run to Newmarket today and Short term Comp showed:
    55.2 mpg
    1:41 hr
    53 mph
    90.5 miles

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast