Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    are you guys using the car to give you these low MPG figures?
    I do the same as you fill to brim... in my fuelly account you will see "M4 west/east trips" they were done at same station, same pump, to brim...

I'm happy with what MPG I get when m-way, my car used mostly in town/short journeys/lots of start & stop...

For example one regular journey I do= A>B 2miles then B>C another 2 miles then C>A is about 3 miles ish...

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a 2005 3.0tdi on 55,000 miles and driving inside 70mph with moderate acceleration I get a combined 36/39 on a journey of 15miles from start so cold engine for first few miles, I have yet to get same 49mph that I got when I first purchased but that was about 150mile trip along motorway and dual carriage sitting at exactly 70 all the way, to say I was impressed would be an under statement but since then I'm having injection problems as a couple of them are leaking fuel and I've put much softer tyres on which again will affect my fuel effiency.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk HD

1 0 0

3. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I get my A8 3.0TDI in a week or so and am looking forward to these sort of figures. I currently have a Lexus IS220d and a claimed combined mpg of 45. I am no racing driver, never take it over 3,000 rpm and never over 80mph. I drive 25,000 per year and 70% of that is motorway. I get a max between 36 and 38 mpg. The car is serviced by Lexus every 10,000 miles and they can never explain to me why the numbers are so low. Roll on A8

0 1 0

4. Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car A8 2009 constantly returns average 33MPG.. This is a combined figure, but its well worth it when taking the whole driving experience into account.. "Keep the gear lever away from S" !

1 0 0

5. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Collected my car on Saturday. '59' A8 3.0 TDi Quattro Sport. 105 Mile drive home. Sat on cruise control between 65 and 75. Car averaged 38.3mpg.

1 0 0

6. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    34mpg on my 2005 typical. A long run from South Wales to Cumbria returned 42mpg, according to the computer. It can give over 700 miles to a tank on the motorway

1 0 0

7. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2004 3.0TDI -

Mine has been running a performance patch for almost 2 months. The computer MPG is way out compared to actual MPG. For example. I did a trip to Reading and back. On the way back I filled up completely and reset odometer. Drove back to Cardiff 107 miles. Trip computer said 41/42mpg. Actual was 30mpg.

I am getting the performance patch removed and will try the factory setting for a while to see if that makes a difference. Before getting the performance patch I had a fuel leak on the return line and before that I had 3 faulty injectors so have never yet tried the factory setting with the engine working properly.

1 0 0

8. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [2005 ASB 3.0TDi SWB]

MPG varies quite a bit between summer and winter...

In summer, my commute to work (< 15 miles) returns around 31mpg (mostly on a fast A road with few stops). In winter, this drops to around 27mpg on average. Best so far is during summer, long distance motorway run (around 300 miles), managed to get just over 42mpg.

I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to chop mine in for a 2010 (D4) model... 42mpg combined sounds very impressive (though would like to know of any real world figures from D4 owners), especially when you consider the engine has more power, faster acceleration and much lower emissions!!

SNAPDRAGON - Just re your post on the engine temp not getting above 70c, it may be worth getting the aux heater checked. Its job is to assist the engine in getting to normal operating temp during cold weather.

1 0 0

9. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully picking up an A8 3.0Tdi in the next week or so (2005-2007). Bare in mind I'm coming from a Toyota Auris Hybrid the mileage is pretty scary for the A8 but before that I had a 1.8 petrol Avensis Wagon (work for Toyota) and that only gave me mid 30's. Given the size of the A8 I'd be very happy at most of your figures.

The commute to work is only 15mile on country roads, but that's something I'll just have to live with.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A8 3.0 TDI MPG Average 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mines a 2005 3.0 sport with 192k on the clock. Given that 80% of my mileage is motorway driving I get an average of 42 mpg

1 1 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast