4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Never good Mark!

Least you have that lovely C-Class to roll about in
    Ha ha ha. I never expected to loathe a car as much as this Merc! It just seems to be everything I hate. It is basic, small, uncomfortable, the steering is twitchy, the rear end crashes over speed bumps unless I drive over them at 0.0000000000000000001mph, at which point the stop/start has stopped the engine then starts it with a jerk, then stops it, then starts it...

Otherwise, it's lovely. Apart from the fixed headrests. And the fact that a CD playing doesn't pause during a TP bulletin. And the horrid plasticky steering wheel. And the seats - don't get me started on the seats

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

2. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...unless I drive over them at 0.0000000000000000001mph...
    Now then, call me a pedant, if you will, but I don't think that's acceptable. Mercedes haven't been making the C-class long enough for anyone to have driven over a speed bump yet at that speed. By my calculations, at that speed, it would take over 75 years to drive over the diameter of a hydrogen atom. Now if you're feeling them as bumps and crashes in the rear-end suspension I think the ride really is too firm. I'd ask the dealer to have a look at it.

(Mind you, we can tip our hats at Mercedes reputation for longevity and sturdiness which makes them the go-to vehicle of most of Europe's taxi drivers. Driving at that speed you'd only have covered about 0.092mm since the last Tyrannosaurus rex walked the Earth. It's a bit like being in a traffic jam in central Rome.)

1 2 0

3. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Utterly brilliant!! Made me laugh out loud KAM! Maybe I was exaggerating a teeny bit. My excuse is that the engine is so coarse, the speedo needle vibrates around and makes an accurate reading difficult. Honest
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    This is bad news for Audi's this month, I hope your repairsgo smooth and she is back on the road soon, I just got the call today and theyhave booked mine in for the 2nd January, new boot lid, new bumper and ironwork, parking sensors, rear lower slam panel and then all to be painted and blendedin. should take between four and five days.

1 1 0

5. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I just got a call from the body repair shop. The two elusive exhaust parts have arrived and have been fitted. The car is now being valeted and will then go through a final quality inspection. They want to deliver it back to me either this afternoon or tomorrow. Yay!

I will be taking a close look around it, and I will report back on the quality of the repair (with pics) once I have the car. I can't tell you how pleased I am at the prospect of not having to drive this Merc!!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

6. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    I just got a call from the body repair shop. The two elusive exhaust parts have arrived and have been fitted. The car is now being valeted and will then go through a final quality inspection. They want to deliver it back to me either this afternoon or tomorrow. Yay!

I will be taking a close look around it, and I will report back on the quality of the repair (with pics) once I have the car. I can't tell you how pleased I am at the prospect of not having to drive this Merc!!

MF.
    And a scan to clear the faults....

....If only I was as smart as this bloody phone
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

7. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    And a scan to clear the faults....

....If only I was as smart as this bloody phone
    Hee hee. The thought had already crossed my mind, George I'm sure they will have disconnected the battery, so there may be a nice long list of faults. Or maybe not - it depends whether they have the tools to detect and clear them.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

8. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I have good news and bad news...

First for the good news. I have my A6 back, and the horrible C Class Mercedes has gone. Yippee!!

Now for the not-so-good news

First, the paintwork...

If anything, this is worse than on my last A6!

The dent in the boot rear panel has been half repaired, but not fully. Why would they fix the passenger side but not the driver's side?
    These are from inside the boot:

...and from underneath the car:

Oh. Did I mention the overspray?

They didn't repair the nick in the boot lid either:

Finally, to add insult to injury, the car came back looking like someone had been driving it in a farmer's field then holding a mud wrestling competition inside:

Oh, and the low fuel warning is on too

I was hoping for a little better than this. Sigh.

MF.
    Last edited by MFGF; 13-07-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 1

9. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    This is totally not acceptable on all counts, very bad workmanship, car returned dirty, and what looks like it has been used for their own personal use due to fuel used, did you note down the mileage of the car before it went in for repairs.
    I used to be a panel beater and painter and have never seen such a bad repair. On a vehicle of this calibre it should be 100% and any less is not acceptable. If you have not done so already get on to them right away and explain your dissatisfaction of the reapers first of all and then stating all the other bits to them, if they fail to agree get onto Audi and ask for their opinion on the repairs carried out.

Can I ask you who carried out the work to your car?

1 1 0

10. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    to see this Mark... when you go to a professional you expect a professional job! especially since your car is so new!

Use the VWAF force! and get onto the leasing company/repairer to resolve!

And I hope it is speedily done to your satisfaction...

1 1 0

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast