1. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I had a nice run out with Baylissboy this morning. He thought my car sounded no different to other A6s he had driven, so when we got back he grabbed a new A6 2.0 TDi and took me out in it. Sure enough, it does sound exactly like mine. I was puzzled as to why my car was quieter before, and he hypothesised that maybe as time goes by, carbon builds up on the baffles in the exhaust and muffles things a little. The new A6 and my car with a mostly new exhaust sound louder because there is no carbon. Seems feasible to me!

Having got this far, he suggested I not have the car taken into the workshop and save myself the cost of the fee for a check over and report. I happily took his advice He is a top bloke, and very friendly too!

I still have a query open with FMG about the paint marks on the rear bumper - they are referring the pictures to their engineers to see what they say...

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

2. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can probably hear the exhaust through the holes in the boot floor

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 2 0

3. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    You can probably hear the exhaust through the holes in the boot floor
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Happy to help!! Glad to put your mind to rest!! You'd best not tell everybody how helpful your local dealer is..........we'll be losing the "*******" title!! Lol!!

0 1 0

5. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baylissboy View Post
    Happy to help!! Glad to put your mind to rest!! You'd best not tell everybody how helpful your local dealer is..........we'll be losing the "*******" title!! Lol!!
    Oh.....didn't expect that......I wasn't swearing......for some reason I can't write..........s t e a l e r!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Oh.....didn't expect that......I wasn't swearing......for some reason I can't write..........s t e a l e r!!
    Gasp! You will insult the Master Techs who work at Audi dealerships and contribute to this forum by saying that! Oh... wait... you are one

Thanks for your time and kindness today, and for saving me some money too! What is your favourite tipple?
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

7. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is by design - those of us with a brain know you're not stealing and those in the trade get offended by the "stealing" moniker, hence the masking of the word

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

2 0 0

8. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I received this email from FMG (the accident management company) this morning:

Thank you Mr F,

Our engineers have responded to advise that the spots of paint are given another look, they had also picked up that the finish on the cover wasn’t as clean as it could have been.

I have raised with our Network Manager for Ashbourne, and asked for his assistance in getting these issues resolved for you.

Thank you for your assistance and patience whilst we’ve worked to resolve these and if you need to discuss any aspect further please do come back to me.

I will be in touch shortly.

Kind regards,

I will keep you all posted on progress...
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 1 0

9. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    I received this email from FMG (the accident management company) this morning:

I will keep you all posted on progress...
    Good result Mark
    A6 C6 Avant TDI, de-Badged, LED side lights, LED numberplate lights not just bulbs! so far!!

1 0 0

10. Re: Bash!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    That is by design - those of us with a brain know you're not stealing and those in the trade get offended by the "stealing" moniker, hence the masking of the word
    Thanks for the explanation.

0 0 0

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast