Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I've got a problem with rear washer on audi a4 2003 Avant. It does not jet water out. I've cleaned the nozzle but it still no water. The wiper works when water should be coming out. What I get instead is water coming on front windscreen! Not sure how is that possible. Just as if rear is blocked the water find its way on front somehow. There is no wet areas on the back.

Where shell I start checking.

0 0 0

2. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Check out this comprehensive thread regards cleaning the nozzle. How To Un-block your Avant rear washer jet

Assuming the wiper works too, then that tends to rule out a broken brass pipe that runs from the wiper motor to the nozzle - as water would run down inside the tailgate. Chances are the pipe has disconnected somewhere along the route from the water bottle reservoir. It comes into the car at the passenger footwell (behind plastic trim). There's also a connection on the right hand side in the avant boot. The pipe is located above the access hatch. If the base of the hatch is wet - then you've found the break. I've glued mine with epoxy. Not unusual for them to pop off - given sub-zero temperatures when trying to use water jets.
    2016 BMW i3 REx (25k)
    2012 A4 Allroad Quattro 2.0 TDI (55k)
    2003 A2 1.4 TDI SE (166k) sold
    2001 B5 A4 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro Sport, (173k), sold
    1995 B4 80 1.9 TDI Avant SE, (175k), sold

0 0 0

3. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very good thread! Helped for me!

0 0 0

4. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Worked for me,left over ngt to,proper blocked nozzles,also note...because my was blocked,it had disconnected. Joined it back together.
    this is located on the front pass wheel arch.
    take out several torx screws and a nut.
    theres two arch liners,the one nearest pass seat you want.

0 0 0

5. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for reply. I have tried cleaning the nozzle before posting here. With nozzle removed there is no water coming out. What is really puzzling is that it start coming out on the front nozzles. The rear wiper does move but water is on front. Is this a feature that in case pipe gets blocked then pressure pushes water on front?

0 0 0

6. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Seems like a pump problem.What happens when you use the front ?

0 0 0

7. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the front works as it should. The rear starts the wiper but water jets out on front. This is why I am thinking it may be blocked then pushing water on front as fail safe. Not sure if it is possible.

0 0 0

8. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Google44 View Post
    the front works as it should. The rear starts the wiper but water jets out on front. This is why I am thinking it may be blocked then pushing water on front as fail safe. Not sure if it is possible.
    If you've got water at the front wiper jets, then the pump is working fine. It feeds the front and rear. Suggest you look for a break in the water pipe at the two points as suggested. If the pipe connections are fine, then the brass pipe at the motor itself may have broken, in which case water will run down the inside of your boot tailgate. You'll need to remove interior trim on the tailgate to investigate. You can get VAG kits to replace this pipe - but honestly you're better off sourcing a second-hand part which includes the motor, as it's not cheap.
    2016 BMW i3 REx (25k)
    2012 A4 Allroad Quattro 2.0 TDI (55k)
    2003 A2 1.4 TDI SE (166k) sold
    2001 B5 A4 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro Sport, (173k), sold
    1995 B4 80 1.9 TDI Avant SE, (175k), sold

0 0 0

9. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mine doesnt feed both at the same time.I would have a look at the pump

0 0 0

10. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've opened the rear tail gate cover and disconnect the water supply to motor. Even with pipe disconnected no water coming out. Still comes out on front. I've tried blocking front to build higher pressure but still nothing. Any idea where to start looking? It was mentioned that there is a connector on the right side of access hatch in boot. Cannot see it. I've got there amp a speaker. How easy is to access pipe on washer bottle itself? Was going to put air pressure there, or any other easy accessible connection point

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast