1. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. I've watched this thread as I was suffering the same problem and today have replaced my washer reservoir (different problem with smell and sensor). My car was crash damaged and it turns out that when they replaced the washer reservoir they have replaced it with one from a saloon and the pump only has one outlet. The hose to the rear was wrapped up and tucked away. So, the stalk has the rear and front function but no hose attached to the rear. When you use the stalk for the rear it's obviously still firing the pump up but as the relevant hose isn't attached it fires to the only hose it can, the front. I need to get a dual outlet pump and test but I'm 99% sure this is the problem. Hope it helps someone else on here and will post my findings when I get a pump sorted and fitted.

0 0 0

2. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Wont the wiring be wrong too?Seems to me they have joined the wires together thats why they both work

0 0 0

3. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah you could well be right. I won't know until I try the pump but the wiring in mine has been bodged by the looks of it.

0 0 0

4. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IMG_20190509_185808737.jpg

Hello vwaf

Ive got a non functioning rear window wash. This thread has been immensely helpful in trouble shooting the problem, however i've struggled to find a pdf or diagram showing the rear washer pipe routing for my 2004 B6 A4 Avant.

The above photo was taken under passenger side front wheel arch, and i'm confused as to why there are 3 pipes...

Obviously i worked out where the water flows out from when the rear pump is activated!
    ...and that if i connect one of the remaining pipes i get a nice waterfall effect from the headlining of the rear tail gate area, joy! :P

Anyone have any idea what the 3rd pipe is / goes to, should there be a "Y" piece?

My next issue is how to replace / repair the hose that appears to run along and inside the top of the roof lining above the tail gate hatch...

audi-wip4.jpg
    Hence a washer hose parts diagram would be extremely helpful!

Edit: I think i found the diagram i need ! Audi A4/Avant (2001 - 2005) - wiper and washer system for rear window. > VAG ETKA Online > Nemiga.com

249955200.jpg

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Heikki the one post wonder
    (equals 6 years trouble free ownership, sort of !)

0 0 0

5. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Seems you have a break in the pipe above the tailgate.Hopefully its in the loom that joins the roof to the gate.Thats where there is movement when opening the gate and if the pipe isn't in the right place it can split but at least you can access by opening the gaiter.Thats where mine went and needed rejoining and sealing.Dont know why you have a third pipe but if you can get the others working best ignore it.

0 0 0

6. Re: rear washer not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybutch View Post
    Seems you have a break in the pipe above the tailgate.Hopefully its in the loom that joins the roof to the gate.Thats where there is movement when opening the gate and if the pipe isn't in the right place it can split but at least you can access by opening the gaiter.Thats where mine went and needed rejoining and sealing.Dont know why you have a third pipe but if you can get the others working best ignore it.
    Indeed it split under the gaiter...

I ended up taking way more apart than i needed too!

gaitor.jpg
    hose.jpg
    IMG_20190511_200234059_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190511_200225647_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190511_200219650_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190511_195417814.jpg

0 0 0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345