1. Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, hoping for some help.... Been reading the posts for a while until I decided to swap the A4.1.8 190 for an A6 tdi.....but I can't seem to find all the answers. sorry if I'm asking many repeated posts.

1 How do I tell what software version my mmi is running ( I believe it's mmi 2 high) the version on the mmi says:
    Sw: c6-hu 6350 12.0.0.0513
    hw: c6-hu 6350d2.0

2 My iPhone 4 running latest os will only connect to the Bluetooth, not download the phone book etc. Am I missing something or is that the best I can hope for?.

3 To install Dension 500, is that my best solution to integrate other music sources? I asked about with local supplier but he said he had had poor experiences with Dension and was wary to do the install or supply.

I'm hoping to get loads done to my new toy after my next shift m starting with new wheels and a damn good scrub all around, any suggestions in good tis or tricks if I can find a vcds near me, or if the wife buys me one lol

Thanks for any help in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Try a search for AMI, that may be a solution to getting music streaming. With regard to your phonebook, what steps are you going through to see your phonebook & how many contacts do you have in your phone?
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

3. Re: Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus831 View Post
    Hi all, hoping for some help.... Been reading the posts for a while until I decided to swap the A4.1.8 190 for an A6 tdi.....but I can't seem to find all the answers. sorry if I'm asking many repeated posts.

1 How do I tell what software version my mmi is running ( I believe it's mmi 2 high) the version on the mmi says:

2 My iPhone 4 running latest os will only connect to the Bluetooth, not download the phone book etc. Am I missing something or is that the best I can hope for?.
    1 & 2 = Link:- Iphone 4s Phone Book

0 0 0

4. Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

3 To install Dension 500, is that my best solution to integrate other music sources? I asked about with local supplier but he said he had had poor experiences with Dension and was wary to do the install or supply.

I'm hoping to get loads done to my new toy after my next shift m starting with new wheels and a damn good scrub all around, any suggestions in good tis or tricks if I can find a vcds near me, or if the wife buys me one lol

Thanks for any help in advance
    MMI high is a large colour screen above the centre airvents.

The latest and last firmware for High is 5570. It seems you have version 12 lol.

Upgrade your MMI - my 4s downloads the Phonebook 100% after a few minutes of syncing.

Dension or Audi music interface if you have High. Do a searh for both - Dension is cheaper and has more features but integrates like AMI and displays track names.

For vcds look at the link in my signature if you want a fiddle before purchasing and the tweaks list at the top of this section.

0 0 0

5. Re: Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, colour screen in center and colour dis.
    Local Audi in Yeovil said they won't update the mmi as they had issues with this killing phone module. They'll supply the discs but advised against it.
    Dension will be orders in 5 mins.
    Thanks bryice.
    Gupsterg thanks..... But it might be late, or because of all the rum but I'm not sure what you ment.

To you both, is the update that easy. I've seen discs on fleabay for £15 ish. Will these do the update?

Im off to search for options to use the defunct analogue tv tuner and spend some more before the mrs gets home lol

0 0 0

6. Re: Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

Sorry... but first of welcome to VWAF!

If you click the link... Link:- Iphone 4s Phone Book

You will find a thread where a person had same issue as you... the method and way to fix is in there... in that thread it will also show you how to assess version of MMI... to do MMI update at home...

The AMI retro is quite easy... Link:- Audi Music Interface AMI retrofit MMI 2G HIGH

There is a PDF in that thread which has MMI update outlined fully in there...

I like AMI vs Dension... some people on here have also said that... but it already depends what you have in car already...

Say as you have bluetooth then AMI IMO is better upgrade... for someone with no bluetooth then maybe Dension more cost effective method as you can have bluetooth & music facilities in one hit...
    Last edited by gupsterg; 08-11-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Formatting done

1 0 0

7. Re: Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to update..... Big thanks to all those who helped and pm'd me. iPod interface ordered and will be fitted as soon as I get time off.
    As far as updating the mmi goes..... Two local Audi dealers said it can be done but that they need to do it. Then I speak to their master tech's who say they no longer do these updates due to the 'phone bricking' issue. They reassure me I can do it myself but that's like a fingerless man telling me its safe to teach myself knife juggling!

Gave the car it's first real blast today on a long journey, mixed roads and motorway, I was less respectful of our speed limits and more liberal with my right foot and the beast pulls well and still returned 49mpg. I think it may have been remapped because it felt much more responsive than the other 140 2.0tdi's I test drove last month.

Thanks again forum.........

0 2 0

8. Re: Questions questions questions...... A6 mmi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    They reassure me I can do it myself but that's like a fingerless man telling me its safe to teach myself knife juggling!
    Well I hope you don't get this nurse...

0 0 0