Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I have an Audi with idle smoking issues, the story so far

Jan 12 – Recalled to Audi for injectors, 3 months later it starts to get uneven and slight smoking on idle.

When the engine starts getting lumpy after starting the readings are as below, if I give it a good rev it clears for 30 seconds the cyl 4 comes right down to the same as the other cylinders but then goes back up with lumpy running. See readings below when lumpy.

Group 13 Idle stabilization (Injector Quantity Deviation)
    -0.19 mg/str cyl 1
    -1.46 mg/str cyl 2
    -0.62 mg/str cyl 3
    2.28 mg/str cyl 4

I swapped No.1 & No.4 injectors over, and the engine ran fine on idle with no smoke with the idle stabilization readings

-0.09 mg/str cyl 1
    -0.28 mg/str cyl 2
    -0.68 mg/str cyl 3
    -0.29 mg/str cyl 4

I took it out for a hours drive, parked it up for 2 hours and when started it was uneven and smoking again on tick over and the reading had swapped with the injector, see below,

1.83 mg/str cyl 1
    -0.54 mg/str cyl 2
    -0.59 mg/str cyl 3
    -0.69 mg/str cyl 4

So from here I fitted a new injector to No.1, started it up and it smokes like it’s never smoked before, thinking the wiring loom may have a fault I also fitted a new one too.
    It ‘s almost like the ECU wakes up in a different mood every time it’s started!

Here's a snapshot today.

Address 01: Engine (03G 906 018 AQ)

08:25:39
    875 /min Engine Speed (G28)
    274.6 mg/str Exhaust Gas Recirculat. (actual)
    57.0°C Fuel Temperature (G81)
    27.0°C Intake Air Temperature (G72)
    280.9 mg/str Mass Air Flow (actual)
    1011.4 mbar Atmospheric Pressure
    -0.34 mg/str Injection Quantity Deviation Cyl. 1
    -0.12 mg/str Injection Quantity Deviation Cyl. 2
    0.47 mg/str Injection Quantity Deviation Cyl. 3
    -0.01 mg/str Injection Quantity Deviation Cyl. 4
    76.0°C Oil Temperature
    1013.9 mbar Boost Pressure (actual)

Is the injector coded or need adapting? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, please go easy on me if I missing something.

Thanks

Allan

1 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With new injector fitted

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine had a similar problem last year, would smoke like that when Idling. I changed Fuel filter and injector wiring loom, Audi changed 3 injectors FOC and all seems to be ok now. When mine was fully warmed up it would idle fine and no smoke. Sure I felt it getting a bit lumpy again with the cold weather coming back though but have not noticed any smoke yet.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to put to many posts, here is the car with the old injector put back in, still smoking but no where near as bad, stinks and burns your eyes though!

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI A11an, Im really interested in this post as mine (A4 2.0TDi 140 06 plate) looks exactly like your first video on start up! I am just about at my wits end with it... i dont know if this just happend to be coincidence or not but ive noticed that water coolant level has dropped considerably prior to the smoking, fire it up and bingo beautiful white steamy smoke, just spent upwards of £1500 having the engine stripped down, block lifted and skimmed and pressure tested, saw some small markings from cyclinder 3, changed everything rebuilt. and bingo 250 miles later exactly the same as it was before....

Have you managed to get anywhere with this.... any information would be greatly appreciated...

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Yes you need to code the injector in. The alphanumeric code is printed on the injector and individual for each one, it sepcifies the characteristics of each injector to the ECU as tested and calibrated in the factory.

1xInjector_03L130277J_VW_Audi_new4.JPG

e.g. CKAUHWC
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im having the exact same issues with mine (same engine) it's had the injectors replaced under warranty before I purchased it in feb this this year (injectors done last August). I've been on the phone to audi uk and they've instructed me to book it back into audi in Lincoln and they will check the injectors again as from my symptoms it sounds like injector failure. It's in on thurs so ill keep you posted. It's got that smokey that we have to turn the car off at traffic lights, someone actually got out of their car the other day and told my mrs that there was a major problem with the car as their car was surrounded by smoke.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, Any update on this?

I've got a Passat Sport 170 BMR Engine, it has the exact same symptoms, smokes like crazy when idling stationary at lights etc..

VW changed all 4 injectors, drives fine, apart from the odd misfire now and then..
    08 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 170 Sport (De-DPF'd - Remapped)

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any more news as mine doing the same but Audi not intrested even thou they replaced the injectors under the lastest recall

1 0 0

10. Re: Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF (B7) BRD – Uneven idle & smoking on idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this for a year or so when the coolant temp is between 50 and 70 on the gauge on the dash, i.e. during warm-up. It can be really embarrasing in traffic.

One day the car went in for a cambelt replacement and it has been perfect ever since. Don,t know why but it's good for me. The belt was done at the main dealer so maybe they did some tweaking but I suspect it is some kind of cam angle error that was naturally corrected when the belt was done.
    The injectors were replaced sometime later and so they are not in the equation.
    Good luck with yours.
    Patrick

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast