1. A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys,girls I've got a s line a4 avant (b7) and both rear springs are goosed,and after 4. New tyres today I noticed the rear shocker on the n/s is leaking,so...can I put normal shocks on? I know s line is 12mm lower ride height or thereabouts...but will it really hurt??? Or will normal non s line springs be my best bet with standard shocks??? The cars on its **** at the mo and looks nice but mot is looming and I promised my mate I'd do em last year if u get my drift 😳 Any help great fully received.regards Richie. P.s there any videos anywhere about doing rear springs...I've tryd YouTube ...but I read somewhere u can do it without spring compressors.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The rear springs are horrid to do, really evil to get out and back in even with the proper compressor. It is vital you fit the exact correct spring, these generic bundled number variants are a disaster, normal rear springs with Slime fronts will make the car look like a cat on heat and make the car unstable. The only aftermarket spring I trust is Suplex. These cost much the same as others but take more effort to actually buy. The car is not SO sensitive to the dampers but again finding the VAG number and getting an exact aftermarket replica is the better way, Sachs or Boge. If you wish I can give you the numbers required if you PM me your reg.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers chap,seen some new s line rears (non gen) on the bay ,so was thinking of getting those and normal shocks to be honest.just looking at options at mo.regards Richie

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie 121 View Post
    Cheers chap,seen some new s line rears (non gen) on the bay ,so was thinking of getting those and normal shocks to be honest.just looking at options at mo.regards Richie

Just make sure they are the correct springs. As for dampers. I've seen a pair of new OE for £60ish on the bay
    I changed my springs and didn't find it too difficult with normal compressors. I removed the camber bolt (mark it first) which gave more play.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Just done a service on an 8E, it has a broken spring so we are re-booking as it takes a good two hours.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hope you don't mind me jumping on this post. One of my rear springs has snapped and my local garage is going to sort it for me. I haven't spoken to Audi for a price for the part yet but given wipers were £50 I reckon it would be pretty steep.

Crasher , could you give me some advice on which to buy? its an A4 SE. 1.8 TFSI. My garage is going to get me a price tomorrow but I'm concerned that I get the right parts for the car

many thanks
    A4 1.8 TFSI(160)SE

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Either genuine Audi springs worked out using your VIN or the Suplex EXACT cross reference if available, nothing else.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Sachs ?

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 avant s line broken springs and leaky shocker 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Depends if they list one but Sachs springs tend to be grouped part numbers which is usually a bad compromise.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0