Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating

An enhancement detail on a stunning R32 Golf which is in my favourite colour for these cars, the owner also wanted the alloys powder coating in shadow chrome

Products and equipment used

Uber microfiber towels
    Chemical guy’s woolly mammoth drying towel
    3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
    140 mm Glazing pads
    Halogen site lights
    Makita rotary polisher
    DA Polisher
    Chemical Guys Glossworhz Glaze
    Chemical Guys Celeste dettaglio v2
    Carpro Fixer polish
    Carpro eraser
    3m masking tape
    Meguiars APC
    Costco microfibre towels
    Meguiars hyper dressing
    Valet pro citrus bling
    Bilt Hamber AutoWheels
    Valet Pro PH neutral Snowfoam
    Valet pro tyre dressing
    AMDetails AMbubbles
    Bilt Hamber clay bar
    Autosmart Tardis
    Various brushes
    Kranzle pressure washer
    Carpro Sheepskin wash mitt
    Carpro Dlux
    Noodle wash mitt
    Carpro Lambs wool wash mitt
    Poorboys microfibre clothes
    Uber buffing clothes
    Autobrite Snow foam gun
    Chemical guys Jetseal 109
    Autobrite Repel
    Auto Finesse Mecury Metal Polish
    00 grade wire wool

The car was then given its first coat of snow foam whilst this was dwelling I went round the car using APC in a foaming head bottle cleaning the fuel filler area and various gaps and grills. The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and the car was washed using the 2 bucket method with grit guards in both buckets and a Carpro lambswool wash mitt.
    The car was then rinsed off using an open ended hose and I then went round the car with Tardis which was left to go to work before being wiped down with microfibre clothes. The car was then given a coat of Ironx again left to do its stuff before the car was washed down using the pressure washer.
    The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix (10 to 1) and a Bilt hamber soft clay bar which helped to pull more contaminates from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using the woolly mammoth.

The car was then taken into unit to have the wheels removed ready to be dropped off at the powder coaters early the next morning so once the car was on he axle stands I started on the arches next and they where sprayed with APC and cleaned using various brushes and a noodle wash mitt. They where then sprayed with Tardis which was left do its stuff whilst I moved onto the next arch before going back and being wiped down with a microfibre cloth and left to dry.
    And then before the wheels were refitted after the powder coating they were given a couple of coats of Megs Hyper dressing.

I then taped the car up and went round with various yellow 3m pads and Carpro Fixer polish, each panel was given a wipe down with Carpro eraser after polishing to check finish and remove any polishing oils.
    I then went round the car and applied a coat of Chemical guys Glossworkz Glaze using the DA and the lake county pad which was left before being buffed using Uber buffing towels.

Reflection Shot of the wheels lol

1 1 0

2. Re: R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car was given 2 coats of the Chemical Guys Celeste dettaglio v2 wax leaving wax to bond for 60min and approx 60min between each coat again buffed using Uber buffing towels

The plastic trim was dressed using Carpro Dlux which is a cracking product which a little goes a long way and gives a stunning finish.
    After this I cleaned the glass and gave them all 2 coats of Autobrite repel

Before the alloys were refitted the were sealed using 2 coats of Chemical guys Jetseal 109 and the calipers also given 2 coats and dressed the tyres using the Valet pro tyre dressing.

Exhaust’s where cleaned up using Auto Finesse metal polish and 00 grade wire wool

Lots of finished shots as I really love this car

2 2 0

3. Re: R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Looks absolutely beautiful. Stellar job. I've got a real soft spot for a nice R32 but could never own one as I'm 6'6" and leg / head room is a bit of an issue!
    A7 S-Line BiTurbo | Daytona Grey | 313

0 0 0

4. Re: R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Me, I prefer my cars shabby chic

AU TD Palma Nova Mar 85.jpg
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

5. Re: R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Tidy!
    A7 S-Line BiTurbo | Daytona Grey | 313

0 0 0

6. Re: R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    amazing finish awesome colour, whats the name of it?

0 0 0