Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    It seems the local wildlife have taken a liking to my black A3 bonnet, have seen birds, cats and even a fox sat on it!
    This has left me with a bunch of claw scratches all over the bonnet, they're not deep but annoying non the less.
    Can anyone recommend a good way to get rid of them?
    Is T-Cut up to the job?
    Cheers

0 0 0

2. Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, if there's someone living local to you, that's handy with a machine polisher, and if the scratches are within the clear coat, you should get some joy. Where abouts are you in the UK?

0 0 0

3. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Possibly Meguires ScratchX and give it a good going over if they're not ultra deep.

As your cars Black you could also look at Poorboys Blackhole which is a type of glaze iirc and has filling properties especially for darker coloured cars, use this afterwards for a deep glossy shine.

You might also invest in some type of animal preventative measure for future instances.......I know I would.

Good luck

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 0 0

4. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies & product suggestions guys. I actually bought some t-cut for black cars and a 'fix it pro' scratch repair pen a week after posting this.
    Haven't had chance to give them a go yet, will report back on my results.
    Never spent so much money keeping a car clean! Bought Autoglym HD wax last month, really good stuff, but pricey.
    I'm in Camden Town, London by the way.

0 0 0

5. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I think if the scratches are not deep then you should use the scratch remover marker.
    I have use that and the results are awesome. But if the scratches are deep then you should
    try some thing more then the marker.Because marker can cover only the light scratches.

0 0 0

6. Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use the the 3m cutting compounds. They come in three grades and even the blue one will get rid of minor scratches. You don't need a machine polisher to use the 3m polishes and depending on location I will use them either by hand or machine. Finally don't forget to use either a wax or a sealant to protect the paintwork. Sealants are generally much quicker to apply. I would suggest you look at the Juicy Detailing web site where they both sell and provide lots of advice. I have no connection with them, but I buy regularly from them.

0 0 0

7. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the replies,
    As soon as the weather clears up, will give it a go.

0 0 0

8. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @reiss Thanks for posting this question!
    I have the same problem, i already tried the scratch remover marker, but it only worked on a few.
    Did you already find a solution for your scratches?

AndrBrad

0 0 0

9. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrBrad View Post
    @reiss Thanks for posting this question!
    I have the same problem, i already tried the scratch remover marker, but it only worked on a few.
    Did you already find a solution for your scratches?
    AndrBrad
    I've got the stuff to try, just haven't had the time or weather for it yet. I may do a before and after photo, just need a nice dry Sunday afternoon

0 0 0

10. Re: Scratch removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a black edition with piano black inlays and have noticed scratches on the centre console after my last valet which are highly annoying. The problem is I can't prove it was the valeters, but after a close inspection you can see the damage as it was clearly done with a dirty cloth. I've tried a microfibre cloth to make sure it wasn't residue and it helped a bit, but not completely.

does anyone know of a product that I can try to eradicate or at least minimise the scratches on the piano black inlays without damaging them any further? I certainly won't go back to those valeters again .
    2004 (X Reg) Audi A3 1.6 Silver, 2006 (54 Plate) Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport B6 Brilliant Red,
    2009 ( 09 Plate) Audi A3 1.9TDie Sportback Black,
    2010 (60 Plate) Audi A4 S Line 2.0 TDi B8 Ibis White
    2013 (63 Plate) Audi A6 Black Edition Multitronic Phantom Black C7..Sadly missed
    2014 (11 Plate) Audi A4 Black Edition B8 Ibis White, again .....

0 0 0