Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_rimmer View Post
    Nice review Jim! I'm very tempted to get one of these myself now. I'll be waiting for your mpg figures. Whats the acceleration like in the lower gears?
    Thanks! On the short drive I had earlier I would say that acceleration is definitely up in the lower gears but what I particularly like is the fact that there is instant power now from the get go, where as before my car had a slight lull off the line until the turbo cut in.
    09 VW Golf Sportline Estate 2.0 CR 140, RNS 510 Sat Nav/Radio

0 0 0

3. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seboni121 View Post
    Me 2 I've just got the 1.6 crtdi tho
    I think the module I bought is also suitable for the 1.6 but they flash it with different software to suit your engine. I personally think the 1.6 is a cracking car and is definitely better in the MPG department, so it would be interesting to see what difference it makes for you...

0 0 0

4. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesoundone View Post
    Thanks! On the short drive I had earlier I would say that acceleration is definitely up in the lower gears but what I particularly like is the fact that there is instant power now from the get go, where as before my car had a slight lull off the line until the turbo cut in.
    Ahh i now recall reading somewhere that these can reduce the 'turbo lag' quite significantly. It would be nice to have a quicker response when i put my foot down.. but i guess that wouldn't do much for the old mpg
    Golf mk6 2.0TDI Match - Candy White

0 0 0

5. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What warranty do tdi-tuning.co.uk offer on this product/subsequent damage? And how's your insurance been affected by the box? Intrigued to see if it's cheaper to run a box than it is a remap.

0 0 0

6. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's an easy pull out so no want needs to know
    GOLF 1.6 crtdi 105 bhp Match 2011 bluemotion tech
    UNITED GREY
    fitted front fogs Not wired up as too expensive, mudflaps and chrome tail pipe

0 0 0

7. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good luck with that

What sort of warranty do they offer with the box? I've looked at their site but they're very vague.

0 0 0

8. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    Good luck with that

What sort of warranty do they offer with the box? I've looked at their site but they're very vague.
    They give a 3 year warranty and a 14 day return policy if you're not happy. Although apparently the unit must remain in as new condition if you were to return it. When you say 'subsequent damage', do you mean damage to your car that arises from using the tuning box? If so, I'm not sure to be honest. First thing that comes to mind in terms of that kind of situation would be that they probably wouldn't.. But I'm no expert.

0 0 0

9. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just thought I would give an update for those interested.

Its been just over a week now since I fitted the box and I've had time to drive it quite a bit now. Overall impressions are good in terms of the extra welly it gives you when overtaking. This common rail engine likes to be revved it seems and adding the tuning box has meant that I can slip into the next gear earlier and stay on top of the torque sweet spot. For me its made it a bit more like the PD engine in that respect. One thing that could be improved with the experience of driving it for a few days would be the straight off the bottom response in first gear. This at first was a massive improvement from standard but having got used to it I think it could definitely be improved by selecting the next map up. We'll see.

I had a courtesy call from tdi-tuning.co.uk a few days after I got the box to see how I was getting on. The guy I spoke to was really helpful and I ended up staying the phone for about 45 minutes! I asked him some pertinent questions about the affects on the engine with particular emphasis on how it might affect the DPF. Basically, it appears that the device is designed to work in conjunction with the standard regeneration cycle of the DPF and doesn't interfere with it. I haven't had any problems yet anyway. He also gave me some advice on using the other maps which I'll try at some point. He did however suggest that the map I was running was the best in terms of economy and extra power.

In terms of fuel usage its difficult to say whether its better than before because I fitted the device before i had chance to use a full tank as standard. So far I'm half way down my first tank of fuel since fitting it and I'm on 340 miles. This has been almost all local journeys down country lanes and town driving so I didn't expect too much really. The on board read out suggests 58mpg average. I'll have to work that out when its used a full tank. I'm going down to Cornwall in a couple of weeks so I can see then what it can do on a more economical run.

I would be interested in what others are getting out of there 2.0 140 in terms of mpg too.

Cheers

Jim

0 0 0

10. Re: Tdi-tuning.co.uk CRTD2 box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seboni121 View Post
    It's an easy pull out so no want needs to know
    Until you are in an accident and the insurance investigator manages to pop the bonnet
    I'm sure you are but just be aware of the consequences re insurance.
    They look for absolutely anything to get out of paying.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast