1. electrical problems - abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As title says lads . My seat alhambra has got a problem where there is no climate control and no indicators and also abs lights on . Also the handbrake light flashes .
    ive tried looking for a bad earth ahev checked alternator and battery and all seems fine .
    Im all out of ideas .......... Anyone ?????
    cheers kieran

0 0 0

2. electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bump

0 0 0

3. electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just incase any one has same issues . Make sure you pull the fuse and check it as the tester I used gave a continuity test . But the fuse was gone . Replaced and problem solved mostly likely caused by the short to ground on air con pressure switch .

0 1 0

4. Re: electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just got this issue....Fuse 3 keeps blowing...5amps....even tried 10amps as ran outa 5s blows them too.

I had this once before and the garage said they had swapped a relay....they can't remember this though as it was a while ago.

any ideas which relay it could be before I start the trawl of cables.....

Oh symptoms are: No Speedometer (rev counter works), No mileometer, No heated Seats, No blower/aircon, No indicators (although hazards work). ABS warning light on and handbrake warnng and it beeps 3 times....pops the fuse #3 as soon as ignition is on.

Regards,

Matt
    Last edited by Matt1e; 18-12-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added detail

0 0 0

5. electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't help u there unfortunately . There is very little info about this problem on the net . Mines was caused by ac switch shorting . Never had any problems since though . Sorry and good luck

0 0 0

6. Re: electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Found my issue....rear light cluster on the boot filling with water causing a short at the fog light bulb.
    I have sealed the panel where the adhesive has dried out and lifted slightly away with solicone sealant all the way accross.
    Tempted to drill a small hole in the bottom to let it drain if it carries on!

Also found a broken fog lamp and sealed the bulb from the elements (rain/fog) and have not had a recurrance yet...

Regards,
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt1e; 12-06-2013 at 10:12 PM.

0 0 0

7. electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor - fuse 5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I had the exact same problem about 6 months ago with Fuse 5 going. After lots of investigation and replacement fuses I realised it was due to driving through a flooded road which I didn't think was that deep. My other car managed the floods fine but not the Alhambra.

When I checked under the drivers seat under the flap of carpet there is a piece of sponge (noise suppression?) that was damp. This area has some electrics in it aswell.

I left the flap of carpet open and after it aired out eventually it stopped blowing fuse 5.

Both times that fuse 5 has blown it has been when the local roads flooded, although the first time took a few days afterwards for it to blow the electrics.

Next time I'll put up with a detour when the roads flood again.

Ant

0 0 0

8. Re: electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seat Alhambra 2004 Stylance. Same symptoms. Fuses all ok. Any ideas ???

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1e View Post
    I have just got this issue....Fuse 3 keeps blowing...5amps....even tried 10amps as ran outa 5s blows them too.

I had this once before and the garage said they had swapped a relay....they can't remember this though as it was a while ago.

any ideas which relay it could be before I start the trawl of cables.....

Oh symptoms are: No Speedometer (rev counter works), No mileometer, No heated Seats, No blower/aircon, No indicators (although hazards work). ABS warning light on and handbrake warnng and it beeps 3 times....pops the fuse #3 as soon as ignition is on.

Regards,

Matt

0 0 0

9. Re: electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony bee View Post
    Seat Alhambra 2004 Stylance. Same symptoms. Fuses all ok. Any ideas ???
    Have a look at your rear light cluster. Mine was being caused by water ingress to the indicators and brake light's. Shorting out all those things.
    Hope.it helps.
    Matt

0 0 0

10. Re: electrical problems !!! abs lights on and no indictor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1e View Post
    Have a look at your rear light cluster. Mine was being caused by water ingress to the indicators and brake light's. Shorting out all those things.
    Hope.it helps.
    Matt
    Did it not blow your fuses??Mine are ok..

0 0 0