Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Q7 (eight-speed) automatic speed control is a complete disaster.
    In any small slope the car exceeds the speed excessively.
    This video represents the performance of automatic speed control. I was scheduled 105km / h. why not switch from D8 to D7, D6,,,?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZEsTKXls7Y

The speed is much higher than the programmed; fuel consumption is 0L/Km and incomprehensibly does not change anything.
    It is a serious problem that Audi does not want to solve

If your car has this behavior, make a complaint at:

service@audi.de

They will propose you to make it up with something, but do not give in, demands to solve the problem.
    They just need to modify the automatic gear box software. And in the same way that it use automatically the gear box, when going up (needs more power), it must also use automatically the gear box when it goes down (need more engine braking).

0 0 0

2. Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I'm lost?

I see now after reading again - the speed of the car increases when going down a hill with CC on, yes?

Haven't had my cruise control on in ages so might go out and try to see if it's similar.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I know on mine Chris CC does stay at set speed regardless of amount of incline/decline, irrespective if CC is high or low speed setting...

I feel car give a little more throttle on uphill, but will not break set speed...

On down hill the car I think is braking or the engine is doing the braking, but will not break set speed...

Just for your info mikeltrujillo my vehicle is an A6...

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello chris.
    Right. CC is on (you can see the green symbol)
    I don’t know what happens in others models.
    The Q7 is very heavy and, just with the tempomat (CC), and because it steel in D8, the speed increase suddenly.

Hello gupsterg
    This model does not use the brake. It is used by those with has an option to adjust the speed of traffic at that time ACC).
    I am speaking just to the CC (tempomat). I want to maintain constant the speed, like the manufacturer said. (speed is kept constant in any upper 30Km/h)

The proposal is to automatically switch to D7, D6 ... (when the fuel consumption is 0L/km)
    In the same road that de video was recorded, is possible to go at 105Km/h, in M6 (D6 for the car) and 0L/Km.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry about this mikeltrujillo....

Just spent a mo understanding your post method/language/issue...

So what I'm understanding is:-

i) Tempomat is Cruise Control which you are abbreviating to CC

ii) Dx is a gear in drive position on gearbox

iii) Mx is a gear in manual position on gearbox

The issue I understand is that when you set 105 KM/h i) will not maintain speed ii) is using a uneconomical/higher gear IYO

You have highlighted to Audi i) the issue of speed not being maintained in CC ii) gear used in CC iii) the safety/legality issue of car over speeding in CC mode

So you are posting i) to highlight issue ii) to get replies from Q7 owners and how their CC function (IMO)

All I can add further is that my A6 perform CC correctly even if in gearbox in i) manual mode ii) drive mode iii) sports mode regardless of speed set or incline/decline in surface...

So Audi should address your situation IMO... going by your post they are not...

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Basically yes all questions.
    This is not my problem; this is the problem of all Q7 users, at least in the 8 gear model

0 0 0

7. Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Depending on the year of your Q7, it may or may not use the brakes to slow your descent on hills when cruise control is engaged. My 2005 A6 did not have auto braking function when cruise was engaged (to keep the speed down). I was told this was because the throttle actuation was manual not electronic. My 2009 A6 and my current 2012 A6 both apply the brakes on steep descents to keep to the selected cruise control speed, but they have newer ECUs with electronic throttle control.

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car was delivered to me in early April 2011. Only 16 months ago. The complaint was processed after two months of use. It took more than one year in discussions with Audi Germany and Costumer service (Spain). They don’t want to implement the software correction (switch to D7, D6 ...). Their final proposal is that I can back the car, and they returning to me its entire original amount. For me, this is not a solution. What about other users?

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    A friend of mine has a Q7 2008 4.2 TDi ... I have asked him to check his car and let me know... he uses CC so less that he is not sure if his Q7 does what yours does...

As he is a busy self employed person I will try to see if by next Sunday can organise a time for him to swing by and do a video like yours to show test of CC and what result...

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Q7 Tempomat NOT OK. (eight-speed) automatic speed control problem in a very small slopes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can prove it in a easier way by setting a speed of 100 km/h. By setting a higher speed, for instance 140km/h, few slopes will make the car to increase its speed. By setting 100km/h , as the car will use gear D8, this speed will be increased even by a smooth slope.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast