Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all.

Registered myself on this site as I am a potential owner of my 1st Audi - a 2007 2.0T A6 Avant.

Now I've been trying to do some research on what to look out for on these cars, and the one thing that seems to stand out is problems with the Multitronic gearbox. The more I read the more confused I get!

So I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information:

Is the Multitronic 'box on these cars unreliable? Am I likely to be facing a large bill with it in the future? Would I be better off holding out for a manual? (Even though I love automatics!).

Are there any other common faults with this particular model that I should be looking out for?

Huge thanks in advance for any help you could give me. I'm looking forward to being a regular contributor to the forum if I go ahead and purchase this car!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 A6 2.0T Multitronic advice - potential new owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi,

Have you read the following thread? It gives a breakdown of A6 owners' experiences/problems.

Audi A6 Owners Issues / Experience Engine Gearbox Quattro

I can't comment on the multitronic gearbox, someone else should give some insight on that though.

As for other issues, by 2007 the oil pump issue had been resolved I believe. On the 170bhp model, the injectors were an issue but were replaced foc by Audi I'm pretty sure. The intercooler is known to split and dmf will need replacing after 75-100k miles on he manuals. The rear light clusters will be a pain in the a**e. I'd recommend (strongly) holding out for a car with MMI High. I'd thoroughly recommend the car to anyone though.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 1 0

3. Re: 2007 A6 2.0T Multitronic advice - potential new owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Brycie.

Just to clarify - it is a petrol model I'm looking at - not sure if these suffer from DMF issues you mention?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2007 A6 2.0T Multitronic advice - potential new owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have the multi on mine (2.7 tdi) and I have to say...after 12000 miles, it went kaput but was replaced under warranty
    Having said that, there are many who have had no issues at all
    If you want to scare yourself: Audi MultiTronic GearBox Problems
    Has it got any (extended) warranty on it? Would additional warranty cover it...might be an avenue to look into

0 0 0

5. Re: 2007 A6 2.0T Multitronic advice - potential new owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi there,

Apologies Devore, I completely missed that it was the petrol. I'm not sure in that case about the dmf although I suspect they have one too, but the petrol puts far less strain on the clutch/dmf, I'll try to find out. Forgot on a forum full of diesel A6 drivers that petrol ones do exist too

I'd still ensure you get the right internal spec with MMI High & parking sensors etc. That I am confident about regardless of fuel type lol.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0