1. 2.4 2002 cabriolet electric passenger seat problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there all I have a 2002 2.4 cab with full electric seats, bought the car back in may yet I noticed the other week that the passenger seat was stuck in the furthest position back it goes. Through a bit of research on here I found out how to get to the motor (sore knuckles and head rush from taking out rear seat to get head under seat) but managed to remove the motor and cables that drive seat forward backward, someone took look at motor a d said it was burnt out so I have since purchased a replacement motor. Loosely connected up new motor and when using the switch to move the seat forward all I get is a click whilst in moving the switch to the reverse seat position the motor spins. The clicking noise I don't know whether it's coming from the switch or the little black box under the seat.

Any ideas anyone ? I can live with the problem as all other functions and motors work on the seat it's just annoying it can not be adjuster for reach and rake. Especially when my son decides to get in the back from the passenger side

Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.4 2002 cabriolet electric passenger seat problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Click is coming from the relay in the control box. Sounds like the relay is gone (probably why the motor was burnt out).

I would though check the motor - apply 12v to the contacts, then reverse the polarity and apply again. this will tell you if the motor is ok. You can check the voltage at the connector as well.

for the control box, take it out and open it up (easy to remove if you are a contortionist). Check the relays (black connector, pins 1 and 4 are to the longitudinal motor) trace the pins back to see which relay. If you are handy you may be able to open the relay and clean the contacts, if not then get a new unit (I may have a spare one if you want to buy it - they do sometimes come up on ebay though).

I changed my 2003 2.4 cab from manual seats to electric seats to memory seats hence this is how I know - had lost of poblems But well worth it

PM me if you need more info.

W.

1 0 0

3. Re: 2.4 2002 cabriolet electric passenger seat problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply is the control box the black box under the passenger seat as funnily enough this is where the click seems to come from. The motor is fine as it is a replacement part as I thought this was the problem initially, when connected the switch does move the motor but only in one position , then when the switch is pushed forward this is when the click happens and the motor doesn't move

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.4 2002 cabriolet electric passenger seat problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, remove it, open it and you may be able to repair it (if you are handy with electronics). if not it is a several hundred euro replacement....

W.

0 0 0