Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Barls View Post
    Ok, as I write this my car is having the Terraclean treatment. Attachment 19818
    Not that i`m impatient but is it done yet

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.
    Miltek, custom map,hybrid turbo, decat improved airflow to intercoolers.

0 1 0

2. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    the egr won't open though will it ? as its only done stationary (terracleaned) . therefore it probably won't touch the egr.
    On mine it does and Pauls is same (3.0 TDi V6)... it will only switch off if left to idle for few minutes but then will open again when you rev car and as Jim/others/video show they rev car so EGR should open it may close at certain revs aswell or do the cooling thing...

Will try to fish out info ...

1 1 0

3. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, slight delay as my sister was visiting. Ok its done . It was connected to the machine for 75 minutes approx. Car was run whilst connected for 20/25 mins. Then switched off for 30 minutes to let chemicals soak in. Then car was run again whilst still connected to machine for another 20/25 mins (45 minutes connected / running to machine in total. The car is not left at idle speed, it is throttled to aprox 2000 rpm I think, I can ask and verify if required. The car twice increased in revs significantly during the clean on it's own accord. The mechanic said something defiantly cleared on both occasions. The mechanic was a decent guy and asked me to call him back to give him feedback as he is always interested to here what people think. When I drove away there was no plumes of smoke as you can sometimes get apparently from a very dirty engine. My thoughts although very early, you can take them any way you like! 1. The car was defiantly much - much more responsive, I am 100% sure of it. 2. Same traffic, on the way there 30.1 mpg / on the way back 34.6 mpg. Please don't say how do I know, it's just a very quick update but I am very confident that it was MY money well spent. I will try to give a better update soon. I have 2 years + of fuel consumption data that I will be able to use to give before and after readings. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363722776.776701.jpg
    Last edited by Paul Barls; 20-03-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Now I have - 2014 Audi A6 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro S-Line (Silver)
    Previously 2012 Audi A8L 3.0 TDI Quattro SE Executive (Silver)
    2012 Audi A5 2.0 TDI S Line (White), and 2006 Audi A6 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro S Line (Black)
    Have VCDS 17+ (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) with HEX-USB+CAN Interface & old style interfaces.

6 2 0

4. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    That's good news, although early opinion sounds worth while job. What mileage does your car have?

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.

0 0 0

5. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car has 121k miles on the clock, it had 115k miles when I brought it over 2 years ago. They were mostly motorway miles before I got it, I do the opposite and mostly use it on local roads and have not put many miles on it.
    Now I have - 2014 Audi A6 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro S-Line (Silver)
    Previously 2012 Audi A8L 3.0 TDI Quattro SE Executive (Silver)
    2012 Audi A5 2.0 TDI S Line (White), and 2006 Audi A6 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro S Line (Black)
    Have VCDS 17+ (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) with HEX-USB+CAN Interface & old style interfaces.

1 0 0

6. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys and gals,

Just got the Passat back from Drayton MOT Centre (many thanks again, Steve). I've only had time to take the car for a short spin but there is, without question, noticeable differences in several areas

1. Noise - The engine is a lot quieter
    2. Performance and acceleration - The throttle is a lot more responsive. This is subjective but the acceleration 'feels' a bit faster and, more importantly from my perspective, is a lot, lot smoother.
    3. Idling - I let the car stand for a few minutes on idle. Before the treatment the engine would occasionally 'blip' ever so slightly. It isn't doing it now.

I'll let you know how the mpg works out over the coming weeks but so far, so good. I'll probably repeat the 'test trip' I did on Monday night tomorrow (Thursday) so I'll post here the results from that.

As I mentioned in previous postings, none of this is scientific and you should do your own homework before deciding if the Terraclean process is right for your car.

2 0 0

7. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Nice one, so glad you're happy with it.

As you say, none of it is scientific as such, but often the "feel" can be enough to tell if there's a difference or not.

After all, as drivers who know our own cars we "feel" that there is something wrong and the car's not handling right, turns out one of the tyres has lost pressure and needs topped up or similar.

We know & "feel" that the mpg isn't quite right or they're down on power and the fuel filter helps to resolve the issue etc etc.
    Sometimes, a feeling as a driver who knows their vehicle can be enough......

I know I "feel" that the process helped my car when I had it done and will probably look to do it again at some point.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading any future updates, as I'm sure others will too.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

2 2 0

8. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update!

Had to drive over to Southampton (from Portsmouth) last night. This is a journey I do every week for rehearsals with my band (www.the-crush.net if you're interested). Early indications are that I got an extra 3mpg for that journey and the same for the return around 4 hours later.

I'll be repeating 'the test' I did on Monday night this evening so I'll let you know the like-for-like results tomorrow.

The car feels a lot slicker. The acceleration is so smooth and the performance noticeably better. It's still early days but this is looking like money well spent.
    Last edited by rjsetford; 21-03-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: changed your to you're

2 2 0

9. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjsetford View Post
    Quick update!

Had to drive over to Southampton (from Portsmouth) last night. This is a journey I do every week for rehearsals with my band (www.the-crush.net if your interested). Early indications are that I got an extra 3mpg for that journey and the same for the return around 4 hours later.

I'll be repeating 'the test' I did on Monday night this evening so I'll let you know the like-for-like results tomorrow.

The car feels a lot slicker. The acceleration is so smooth and the performance noticeably better. It's still early days but this is looking like money well spent.
    Good news then, keep the updates coming. Lets hope when I get round to getting this done on mine I have the same result.

3 1 0

10. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to all who've posted their exp on this topic it's something I've considered for a while now. There is a local place to me and I got a quote from them some time ago but not gone any further. I'm probably going to have it done in the not to distant future maybe I'll get some pics up of the process
    A6 C6 Avant TDI, de-Badged, LED side lights, LED numberplate lights not just bulbs! so far!!

1 1 0

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast