1. Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi folks, I seem to be having difficulties with the parking brake auto release on my newly acquired 2010 2.0l tdi manual saloon. On several occasions it hasn't released when driving away eg. after waiting at a red light. Very embarrassing when you have a que of cars behind.
    After a couple of failed attempts at pulling away you kind of get pretty flustered but I think pressing down the release switch (no pressing of brake pedal) has allowed me to move off.
    It's a manual gearbox, after RTFM I understand that it auto releases as the clutch and accelerator are used to drive off but am I missing something else?
    I guess time will tell if it's me or the car but has anyone had or heard of similar issues? Any known issues with these systems?

0 0 0

2. Re: Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if it's exactly same system on your car as it's on my one, but that thing never works. I gave up on using it while driving. If you do search there is a thread about this issue and I believe that this was a common problem on the earlier C6 models.

Just one story with this electronic parking brake - I once parked in front of my house (slight hill), engage the parking brake, got out of the car and 5 seconds later I heard my car smashing into brand new MB. Lesson learnt there, always put in gear when leaving the car.

1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One question: Were you wearing your seatbelt? The EPB only auto releases if you are wearing your seatbelt.

0 0 0

4. Re: Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I always wear the seatbelt ...

0 0 0

5. Re: Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear your woes. But I also have a 2010 2.0 TDi too and use the handbrake all the time when I'm driving and it always auto-releases.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 2008 3.0tdi has an electronic parking break, it always auto releases no problem, however my car is an Tiptronic, dont know if that makes any difference.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk Android
    Furion
    Gone: Audi A6 Avant Le Mans 3.0 TDI 6 Speed Tiptronic
    Gone: VW Touareg Se Sport 3.2 V6
    Gone: BMW 325i M Sport
    Gone: Merc E240

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I've drove cars both manual and automatic with auto hand takes and never had any trouble

in a manual car make sure your seatbelt is on and give some revs when you reach the bite.

In the auto again make sure your seatbelt is on and just tap the throttle in drive or reverse and it will disable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have had the occasional problem with mine not releasing so would be interested if you find the reason why.

Does it cause a problem if you put your foot on the break first, then try to pull away with it on?

I'm 99% sure my seatbelt was on, but will need to double check that when it happens again.
    A6 3.0 TDI Le Mans

1 0 0

9. Re: Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I don't know how useful my comment will be as I drive an Auto but what I notice on the Audi is
    1. If I am in D (Drive) and apply the parking brake, I can simply hit the acc and it will move off with a small thud when it releases
    2. If I am in D, apply the brake and then shift to N, and then move back to D, I will have to hold down the brake pedal to release the parking brake. It will also flash up on the DIS to do so

This sounds obvious but might be something to note that if you're going from 1 > N instead of just moving off, that could be it?

1 0 0

10. Re: Parking brake auto release.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the great response, it's really appreciated..... At least a couple of occasions have been on uphill starts and one time I stopped on the next available quiet hill to try it again in the same way and it worked fine??? It seems to be a totally random fault but I will have to take note of the sequence of events each time I use it to see if it can be replicated in the way some of you have suggested...... I am certain I'm using it as intended, my seatbelt is always on for definite, I've been to recover too many accident damaged vehicles to know to never travel without. I did read a previous post from a8 tech re a software update but the thread was 3 or 4 yrs old so I doubt my 2010 car would be in need of that.
    No codes showing in address 53 Parking Brake and the measured value block for clutch travel seemed to respond smoothly and evenly to clutch movement.
    I'll keep you posted.......

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast