I have searched around these forums and found many people reporting the EPC light but none showing any similar symptoms or solutions, hope someone can help...

My issue is that when revving anything above around 2000RPM the EPC light comes on and the I appear to lose power when moving (the revs stop increasing and the Car 'jerks') - the engine never stalls and when at a standstill the engine revs perfectly normally but the EPC light still comes on.

I friend has plugged it into his generic diagnostics kit and it reporting fault: P0321 - Generic - VOLKSWAGEN - Ignition Engine Speed Input Circuit Range/Performance

Based on my limited knowledge and research the EPC light suggests this is something to do with the electronic pedal control switches - however the above fault code suggest others things.

I don't want to start replacing nonreturnable sensors without understanding some more - is this a common fault for this Car? If it an EPC sensors would it likely to be the pedal end or the 'engine' end?

Thanks in advance

Mike