1. 2.7 TDI clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fired the car up this morning and backed off the drive as normal.

However the first few junctions i pulled away from i was greated with a fairly horrible clutch judder, by the time i had driven 5 or 6 miles everything had pretty much returned to normal and has been that way since.

I initially thought "oh no not the dreaded dual mass" but wouldn't expect things to return to normal if that was on its way out.

Car has covered 56k and to the best of my knowledge is on its first clutch and fw

Thoughts ?

If this is the dual mass any advice on the best model to fit to this car would be much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.7 TDI clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone any thoughts ?

Since posting i have noticed that this clutch judder only ever happens the morning after the car has done a long run (say 100 miles plus) and once i have pulled away from 2 or 3 junctions totally clears itself.

Advice on the 2.7tdi seems hard to come by, i guess because its a rare beast.

Regards

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.7 TDI clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine (2.0tdi) has done the same since I had it and after much research I also found out about the DMF its a common thing with audi diesels, no damage being done so I learnt to live with it a few more revs when pulling off helps, I will change the clutch and flywheel only if It fails totally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Full vcds HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area PM me

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.7 TDI clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had 5 Skoda Octavias before the Audi and had a few flywheels changed on those. When the flywheels were on the way out in those the judder was fairly consistent. What is baffling me slightly is the fact the Audi only does this the morning after a long run and totally clears itselft within 2 or 3 junctions.

Could something be leaking into the housing and it only gets in there after things have got warm after a long run.

My daily commute to work is 50 miles round trip on the M1 and this never causes the car a problem, it only seems to be a 100+ mile journey that initiates the morning judder.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.7 TDI clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 170pd does this occasionally, the 130pd I had before also did it (with brand new clutch/dmf) and my 23 year old VW camper also does it sometimes. My theory is that it's a little dampness/condensation on the friction lining. After a few pull always from a standing start it's sorted. I wouldn't worry unless it becomes more constant, in which case it may indicate the end of the dmf

HTH
    '07 A4 Avant 2.0PD 170 quattro s-line Special Edition and '94 T4 Westfalia California Club 2.4td fettled by ABT

0 0 0