Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    My C6 used to judder a little on cold wet mornings first thing, but within a couple of miles it would clear up - I put it down to condensation on the flywheel.
    Cheers!

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Noticed my March 2012 C7 doing the same thing. Within a couple of miles of driving the judder disappears on first gear take off. Have done 10,000 miles now. Wondering whether it is worth going back to the dealer on or not.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

2. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    If you can get the car to them and demonstrate the judder, it's definitely worth doing. My issue with the C6 disappeared way before I could ever get near the dealer with it.

Good luck!!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Might be worth leaving it with the garage overnight and taking a loan car to keep you going - they can experience it for themselves when its been standing in the cold overnight...........

0 0 0

4. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just got mine back from Camberley Audi. They had it for five days to fix leaking door (again), investigate clutch judder and stop start not working. After some investigation they agreed there was a problem with the clutch and agreed to replace it along with the flywheel under good will. 11k miles on the clock. The car now feels very different and makes me realise how much I had been putting up with and something that defiinitely wasn't right. There was visibility of blue hot spots on the fly wheel which could have been down to a fault or driver error. Benefit of the doubt given on this occassion, but it was made very clear not the next time. This has now got me very self conscious of my driving style. I am not aware that I drag the clutch at all. No fault found with the Stop Start. The A6 in comparison to the loan A5 I was given must just be very fussy about conditions when Stop Start kicks in. Very pleased with the service I got from Camberley. They kept me informed and went to a great deal of effort to verify my concerns.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

5. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey,

My 2010 Audi A6 SE does this as well, I've taken it back to where I got it for analyses. Anyone got an update on what it is / was and how to remedy it?
    Sorry I stopped on 1st page not realising there was 3! So the clutch and flywheel want doing I assume?

thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine does this to but when I take it to Audi, I'm unable to replicate the issue there and then, so they just say its perfectly fine and that's the end of it.

Not impressed. Whilst it doesn't always judder, it still doesn't feel quite right.

Can anyone suggest a way to get them to look into it properly?

0 0 0

7. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Wuffles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ianc1990 View Post
    Can anyone suggest a way to get them to look into it properly?
    Drive it through the plate glass window at the dealership and blame it on a clutch judder. Extra points if they make you a cuppa.

0 1 0

8. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was pulling out at a roundabout on my way to work today, and the typical judder occurred but before I set off, I said to myself - 'Today, I'm going to drive the car the way it should be driven, and not compensate for the juddering'.

So I didn't press the clutch back in when it started juddering like I normally do to stop it from doing, and then the car stalled, just as I was pulling out of a roundabout.

After realising just how much it has made me change my driving style, and how dangerous it could really be unless you compensate for it, as soon as I got to work, I got straight on the phone to Audi UK. I explained what had happened this morning, and that just because it doesn't happen there and then is no excuse.

A case manager has been assigned to the case now and I'm hoping to hear from my local dealership soon.

Car has just broken into 8000 miles so driving style resulting in clutch damage is no excuse. I first reported it to my dealership at around 5000 miles, and have a paper record of it so they cant try and blame it on anything but the car itself.

0 0 0

9. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Wuffles Guest
    Who's the "Case Manager"? There are names of people at Audi UK that can and those that can't.

0 1 0

10. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Given that other cars have had to have clutches and/or flywheels replaced there is obviously a defect with some and Audi can't deny that.
    2014 Samoa Orange TT Roadster 2.0 TFSI Black Edition & 2015 Petrol Blue Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI ~ Now Gone - 2013 Daytona Grey A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Multitronic Black Edition

0 0 0

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast