Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    2005 Audi 3.0 tdi quattro.

ECU box under bonnet/windscreen passenger side.

Relay 614?
    Relay 395?

And what is relay 646?

Thanks
    Andy

0 0 0

2. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering this as well. I believe one is fuel pump relay and one is to power up the ECU, 614 I think is used here for the pump,but I'm not sure. 646 no idea.

I was thinking of replacing the relay for powering the ECU so if anyone does know the answer there are two grateful people.
    Audi Allroad 3.0tdi. Tiptronic. 12/12/2006. Full Phantom Black, 19" alloys, MMI high, Navigation, Phone prep, Heated sports seats with memory, Parking advanced with rear camera, Sunroof, Rear blinds.

0 0 0

3. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    I was wondering this as well. I believe one is fuel pump relay and one is to power up the ECU, 614 I think is used here for the pump,but I'm not sure. 646 no idea.

I was thinking of replacing the relay for powering the ECU so if anyone does know the answer there are two grateful people.
    I rang Audi as I had bought the 2 relays for the ecu box on the passenger side (full of water) I had 614 and 395 in the box, they sent me 614 and 646, they say 646 superseads 395???

In tank fuel pump has no/intermittent power unless power redirected to in tank fuel pump fuse in passenger side fuse box.

Replaced 614 and 395 (646) still the same. (Audi would not tell me which relay does what)

Anyone got any ideas

0 0 0

4. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I can only give you positional info no photos as raining where I am

Please note just for info not verified by me... and current context of thread...

Position of relays, from model year 2005

1 - Vacant
    1.1 - Brake servo relay -J569-
    1.2 - Continued coolant circulation relay -J151-, additional coolant pump relay -J496- (3.2 l engine)
    2 - Fuel pump relay -J17-, engine component current supply relay -J757- (3.2 l engine)
    2.1 - Fuel pump relay -J17- (diesel)
    2.2 - Vacant
    3 - Voltage supply relay - terminal 30 -J317- (diesel), Motronic current supply relay -J271- (petrol)
    3.1 - Vacant
    3.2 - Vacant

But on plus side have wiper arm puller now...

0 0 0

5. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What is your engine code. is it BMK or what. Also PM me your email address so I can send you the layout drawings. Regards Peter

0 0 0

6. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes its BMK, cant send a pm , not enough posts yet

0 0 0

7. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    wait that might be 10...

0 0 0

8. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyase View Post
    I rang Audi as I had bought the 2 relays for the ecu box on the passenger side (full of water) I had 614 and 395 in the box, they sent me 614 and 646, they say 646 superseads 395???

In tank fuel pump has no/intermittent power unless power redirected to in tank fuel pump fuse in passenger side fuse box.

Replaced 614 and 395 (646) still the same. (Audi would not tell me which relay does what)

Anyone got any ideas

I had the same issue with you. box full of water. I will be going to audi in the morning to buy these relays.
    Appears to be a weak point on the car. Mine is the BRE engine.
    I found that the 614 is a 70 AMP relay so it will power something big.
    The 395 is only a 10AMP relay.
    Either way i hope your problem is sorted. I am still a bit worried that something has burnt on the car due to the relay been shorted out.

0 0 0

9. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Relay 614 is for powering up the ecu and fuel pump a common fault with this relay is when the car turns over and does not start you will also notice at the same time the engine management light is not displayed when cranking. As soon as you tap the relay the engine management light illuminates and the car starts

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: What are these relays? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyase View Post
    2005 Audi 3.0 tdi quattro.

ECU box under bonnet/windscreen passenger side.

Relay 614?
    Relay 395?

And what is relay 646?

Thanks
    Andy

One thing that should be checked on all Audi vehicles. The plenum (area between firewall and windshield containing ECU box and battery) has two drains. These can (and will) get clogged which will cause the ECU box to get wet and short out the relays. Clean them out at least every 6 months to keep this from happening. This drove me crazy thinking the ECU box was getting wet from the top and kept trying to seal it. Then I found another post regarding these drains. Problem solved. Holla!!!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast