Notices

User Tag List

Thread: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    i dont know the answer to that one but i wont be contacting them in a hurry .. this goverment has had enough tax off me over the years !!
    AgxjRYJCAAA788I.jpg large.jpg

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsanx View Post
    i dont know the answer to that one but i wont be contacting them in a hurry .. this goverment has had enough tax off me over the years !!
    Jimmy Carr thought the same...

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 1 0

3. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsanx View Post
    fair play. i hope you don't get prosecuted for tax fraud at anytime in the future though.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

4. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hmmmm are you a tax man by any chance? Anyways trip 1 was 93mpg and trip 2 was 95 this morning on way to work..

0 0 0

5. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    no, i'm just a humble mechanic but the law seems to be stamping down on anything thats not taxed right. there are a few cases of landrovers (my other motoring interest) that are later than 1974, but on an older log book to gain free tax, being 'sorted out' as it were, and with roadside emissions test being more common than they once were, if you did happen to get pulled and tested, then, well, i would rather pay the extra tax than pay the fine.
    it does happen and people do get into trouble over it.
    personally i don't give a monkeys about it but don't like to see fellow motorists get penalised for something so simple.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

6. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    As the DPF simply catches soot and burns it off, there's no increase in emissions as such. In fact there are no emissions tested on diesels other than the smoke test at MOT time. As long as it passes the smoke test then the DPF not being fitted won't be an issue really. The smoke test levels were reduced in the MOT test from 2008 by about half, and the DPF system might be needed on some cars to meet the test criteria. Road Fund License is based on CO2 emissions at the time of type approval, and removing the DPF won't increase the CO2 output.

As for the possibly unrealistic MPG figures, try calculating the MPG from a full tank - miles traveled calculation, as there are some software modifications (remaps etc.) which upset the MPG calculation.

0 2 0

7. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All, thank you for the info I have learnt so much. Unfortunately my A6 2008 2.0 diesel has the same problem: glow plug light, EM light and DPF sign came on. Initially the DPF came on a few weeks back. Car drove perfect until 65-70 mph where it would not go faster uphill and would start shaking. Local driving smooth and normal. Now the cars in limp mode and wont go above second gear unless changed manually or on flappy. How do I take it off limp mode? I have booked an appointment to remove the DPF altogether. quoted £300 with remapp. @ahsanx how is the car now after you did yours?

0 0 0

8. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    DO NOT have the DPF removed, this is illegal, soon to be an MOT failure and an environmental crime, Diesel soot kills! In London they are rumoured to be looking at raod side spot checks and soot cameras that can spot DPF delete cars and send you a nice fine in the post. Soon, unless your car is EUVI, you will not be able to enter certain areas of London.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

9. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi hope for some guidance

I have Audi 2.7 diesel 58 plate 88k on the clock

Dpf sign came on took it for a drive, dpf sign went off

I have a Emu light on Glow plugs flashing light on ?

I have cheap diagnostic tool which I checked the car as EMU light was on and I found the code P0638 throttle actuator blank.

Car driving perfect but these dash lights are on.

Any suggestions on what I can do or I need to do?

0 0 0

10. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    You would be better served by starting your own new thread.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234