Notices

User Tag List

Thread: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    @crasher, i think the best solution is for me to get rid of the problem altogether, as if i replaced it i would still be faced with having to do unnecessary trips on the motorway using more fuel .and creating pollution so all this eco friendly technology seems a bit pointless!!

@a6_chris... I have to disagree with u there mate as the majority of my driving is around town and my average mpg was between 45-67mpg on short journeys. Also my tax is £30 , its cheaper to insure and the depritiation is slower so i believe its best all round.

0 0 0

2. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The part number is 076 906 051 A and about £54. I always fit a new sensor and calibrate it before doing a forced regen. I also read the ash mass, if it is nearly 60 grams there is no point doing a forced regen, the DPF has to be replaced. Yes a DPF can be cleaned out BUT no one can suggest to me what the ash mass value should be set to after cleaning and I have no idea either.
    Crasher will you please advise me how to read the Ash Mass (with VCDS I take it) on my 1.9 TDi with a DPF (BLS Engine)
    Tiguan 2.0 4Motion 140PS 01/07/2013

0 0 0

3. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    dpf_regeneration.pdf

ash mvb 68

loading is the reading to look at and also look at the pressure readings mvb 67

0 0 0

4. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    The DPF loading is for soot, not ash. Soot when burnt becomes ash on this does not appear to leave the DPF and the ash mass value is shown in a measuring block value up in the 090's that I can't specifically recall since I haven't done one since last Friday. What I want to know is if the DPF is cleaned out say with a cleaner or removed and blown out, what can the ash mass value be reduced to from an end of story 60 ish grams down to say what, 30g? When fitting a new DPF you are supposed to set the ash mass value to zero and I have seen numerous cases recently where this has not been done and a new DPF has still had the MIL coming on.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Like I said look at the loading/ash and pressure difference at idle 1500rpm and 2000rpm at idle normal temp and post the mvb from 68 to 74

Sent from my iPhone using
    My fat fingers
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

6. Thumbs up Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    right all, well i gave the car in thursday night and picked it up friday afternoon. dpf has now been deleted well i will probably get slated for this but the guy fittted 'the box' to it too.i must admit i am abit impressed although i have never been a fan of it ,it has improved my mpg outstandingly on my short inner city trip to work before it went in it was giving me between 53-59mpg.on saturday morning it gave me a massive 89!!and also it drives alot smoother and performs like a new car he claims an extra +35bhp. now i await u guys giving me all the bad points????

IMAG0289.jpg

(thats my trip from home to works car park, all innercity)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hmm don't think that's possible but what how long was the journey, speed etc. and also post your trip comp 2 (long range)

0 0 0

8. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    @chris well its about 4mile and trip computer 2 what exactly is the diff? i didnt realise both were to be checked i always thoght it was just to record a seperate journey?oh speeds are no more than 50mph

0 0 0

9. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    If France introduces a check for DPF function and then a retro fit law as rumoured, how long will it be before we follow? We have already had a pop at the retrofit game for London and comercial vehicles which seems to have gone smoothly, if it is proved it works, watch out for it during the next Parliament after 2015.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    do you now have to inform dvla that you have no dpf as your emissions will be higher so you can no longer pay only £30/ year road tax ?
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast