1. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen this job in other posts mention it's possible to do without taking the bumper off and just getting access with the N/S headlight removed. Is this the case or is it best to remove the bumper? I'm changing mine on an A6 1.9tdi (2002).

Thanks. PD

0 0 0

2. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello PD,

I can't answer your question sadly as we have two completely different models. If the A6 is anything like the A4 then I'd suggest taking off the bumper as I did; it's a pain but not difficult and allows easy access to the sensor (assuming it's in the same place on the A6).

Good luck!
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.

0 0 0

3. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, I just did this on my A6 C5 avant, took less than 5 mins, no need to remove the bumper or headlight. I did remove the grill for the fog light though and was able to reach my hand up.

The result, lovely cold air again!!!

Thanks muchly

0 0 0

4. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By no means am I a mechanic, just a guy who knows how to troubleshoot with the help of Internet resources.

I'm trying to diagnose the dreaded ECON light issue with my 2008 Audi a4 b7 2.0 TFSI Quattro Wagon*. So far I've checked the low and high pressure with the engine off. Low PSI sits around 22 PSI and High 21 PSI in 70F weather. To my understanding, it's a good thing both pressures are close in range and leads me to believe I'm not dealing with a leak? With the engine on, the Low and High pressure do not change which makes sense since the a/c compressor appears to not engage?

20150613_184441.jpg

Removing the under body cover, I was able to see the a/c compressor's front face plate spinning. I gathered information to believe this tells me the compressor is not seized and should be functional?

I've also checked the fuse box for faulty fuses that would correlate with the a/c. I'll reconfirm tomorrow with detailed information as to which fuses I checked to be good.

Furthermore, I drove the vehicle around for about 10 mins with the temp "low" and fans maxed, popped the hood and felt both the high and low pressure lines which were neither hot or cold. Not sure what this tells me yet other than the compressor not engaging..

I feel like I've confirmed enough that the issue may reside with a faulty sensor, and in this case, the G65 High Pressure Sensor.

Advice from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I'll keep this forum posted on what the end results are.

0 0 0

5. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Positions 1 and 6 fuses appear to be intact. I also learned that if the "Econ" light does not go out when "Auto" is on, it indicates that there is a problem with one of the system components, which in my case is true.

0 0 0

6. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    It may not work for the specific case above, but since this seems to be a popular G65 change thread I thought I'd add a link to what worked on our Touran: Replacing G65 air conditioning pressure sensor on 2.0 TDI Touran (AZV engine)

0 0 0

7. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just had my system regassed yesterday and my econ light is staying on with the compressor not coming on. ATS said there are no leaks in the system. Could the regas have caused the pressure switch to go faulty, can't say for 100% if the econ light staying on or not before the regas.

No one nearby to do a scan, worth just swapping the sensor?
    A6 2.7tdi S-line Le Mans saloon
    A4 tdi 115 Estate 54 plate

0 0 0

8. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    If you have a digital display temp controller you may be able to get the error codes by turning on power (engine start not needed), then holding down AC (or ECON) and then RECIRC for about 5 seconds. Display should show "iO" (for "in order" / OK) or an error code (IIRC). One of the up / down controls or buttons (eg left dial on our Climatronic unit) should then let you move through the set of error codes until you see iO again. These are in hexadecimal, and 333 means 3*256+3*16+3*1 = 768+48+3 = 819 which you can lookup on Ross Tech to be 00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65): Open or Short to Ground, which is the usual error that you get when it is bust.
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 08-08-2018 at 09:17 AM.

0 0 0

9. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    For my 2007 A4, I had 00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65): Open or Short to Ground
    Bought a new sensor and O-Ring for £62 @ West London Audi. Next day collection from their parts store. Super friendly guy called Nixon.
    P/N for the sensor: 3R0 959126
    P/N for the O-Ring: 7H0 820 896

I replaced in 1 hr. No need to take the entire bumper cover off.

This sensor lasted 11yrs on my car and after that period of time in a hot engine bay, things have probably become crusty and brittle and those things break easily. So I removed the Headlight fitting shown in the middle of the pictures - this enabled full force to be applied when removing the old sensor. It was jammed on and I found if I tried to apply to much force at and angle, the pipe that this sensor is fitted on starts to bend. Be careful.

20180706_151648.jpg
    Turn the wheel and unclip the bumper cover. head has been rotated out of the way. I didnt need to unclip the electrical connections either

20180706_151654.jpg
    Headlight bracket removed

20180706_151657.jpg
    You can see the very limited space to work in - Valve is removed at this point

20180706_151701.jpg
    Valve removed - exposing the shiny threaded end of the pipe. I sprayed WD40 on the threads before rolling the new O-ring on. IMHO, the threads are coarse and could nip the new O-Ring

20180706_155953.jpg
    Removed G65 sensor: this side was facing into the airflow behind the bumper cover. After 11 yrs, the air and rain etc must have distorted the casing and allowed moisture to enter which must have compromised the electrical contacts inside.

Thanks to OP for starting this thread some time ago now.
    It helped me - I hope my pics and additional info help someone else
    Attached Images
    Current: 2016 A4 Avant B9 2.0 tdi Ultra Sport 190 (DETA) 6-spd
    Previous: 2007 A4 Avant B7 2.0 tdi (BRE) 140 103kW

0 0 0

10. Re: Change the G65 Aircon Thrust/Pressure Sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ordered a cheapo Vagcom cable from ebay which arrived today only to find it doesn,t cover the B7 model. Selected B6 on the offchance and it seems to have worked, says G65 open or similar. Will order a new one and o-ring tomorrow, thanks for the photos and the warning not to damage the pipe which I have no doubt will help me
    A6 2.7tdi S-line Le Mans saloon
    A4 tdi 115 Estate 54 plate

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast