1. engine ecu software version 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How can I identify the software version and part number of my engine ecu in vcds.

need it to confirm so see if my s4 is viable for software update.

thanx

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Which s4?

B6/7/8???

0 0 0

3. Re: engine ecu software version 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's and b7 Dec 05

I see your from NI, good to know there are people from home on this forum, not often I come across it.

Thanks

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Not sure on the update - I was hoping you would say b8 then I would suggest the mmi update.

I would think your best bet would be to ring Audi and see if there are any updates for your car, or if the car is serviced by them then it will be done automatically.

Yep not too many of us on here, always good to see another local user

0 0 0

5. Re: engine ecu software version 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    I would think your best bet would be to ring Audi and see if there are any updates for your car, or if the car is serviced by them then it will be done automatically.
    Sound advise from Chris would agree totally....

Just for your information OP...
    My VCDS Autoscan Log section from my car module [1]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 401 L HW: 4F0 907 401 A
    Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG 0040
    Revision: --H01--- Serial number:
    Coding: 0011772
    Shop #: WSC 02334 785 00200
    VCID: 254BDA7FECFA271

No fault code found.
    Readiness: 0 0 1 1 1

ECU Software Part No in RED
    ECU Software Revison in BLUE

AFAIK

0 0 0

6. Unhappy Re: engine ecu software version 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Sound advise from Chris would agree totally....

Just for your information OP...
    My VCDS Autoscan Log section from my car module [1]

Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 401 L HW: 4F0 907 401 A
    Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG 0040
    Revision: --H01--- Serial number:
    Coding: 0011772
    Shop #: WSC 02334 785 00200
    VCID: 254BDA7FECFA271

No fault code found.
    Readiness: 0 0 1 1 1

ECU Software Part No in RED
    ECU Software Revison in BLUE

AFAIK
    thanx for the advice, thought that was the software version hidden among the component info.
    looks like my car already has the lastest software on the ECU :-(

0 0 0

7. Re: engine ecu software version 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Do you mind if I ask why you checking/thinking of update??

0 0 0

8. Re: engine ecu software version 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The main reason I wanted to get software update was because of Wipy,jerkey gear changes at low rpm's from 1-2,2-3 and sometimes from 3-4. It's suppose to improve this, but it must already be as good as its going to get. Here is the tsb relating to the software update, allthough I think its the American version their is a different release number for the European/UK version( 2009648/3) found on Elsa.
    Here is the one you will find all over the audizine forum tsb 2017369/3
    Intake Manifold Rattle

Technical Service Bulletin Transaction No.: 2017369/3 24 Rattling from intake manifold Release date: Dec 17, 2008

Condition

REVISION HISTORY

Revision Date Purpose

3 -Revised Title to add Repair Group

Sporadic hard metallic rattling sound from intake manifold only after first cold start, audible for 1-2 seconds.

Technical Background

Early activation of the vacuum solenoid valves for the variable intake manifold by the Engine Control Module (J623) during cold engine starts may cause the internal intake flaps to vibrate and create a brief rattling sound from the intake manifold.

Production Solution

New software in Engine Control Module (J623) resolved the intake manifold rattling issue.

Tip: Please explain to the customers that this new software is the latest software level with improved driving characteristics, which includes the following changes:

• The exhaust flap (if equipped) is always open, and no diagnosis of the Exhaust Flap Valve N321 is possible. Up to 1,700 rpm the engine is a bit louder, as the exhaust flap is always open.

• Faster throttle overrun cutoff, with more direct accelerator pedal and reduced overrun after releasing the accelerator.

• To prevent the clutch from slipping when accelerating from a stop, the engine torque is slightly reduced when vehicle speed is below 20 mph and the engine speed is higher than 4600 rpm. There is no noticeable performance difference.

Service

SVM Update Instructions

1. If you encounter a vehicle with a tuned ECM or TCM, your dealership must do the following before performing any procedure that updates ECM or TCM programming:

Note:

Any Update Programming procedure (flash) may overwrite any tuned ECM or TCM programming. A tuned ECM or TCM is described as any ECM or TCM altered so as to perform outside the normal parameters and specifications approved by Audi of America, Inc.

a. Notify the owner that their ECM or TCM was found to have been tuned.

b. Notify the owner that any damage caused by the tuning of the ECM or TCM (including any adverse emissions consequences) will not be covered by Audi of America, Inc. warranties.

c. Obtain the owner's written consent (see attached Control Module Tuning form) for any requested repair -under warranty or outside warranty - that requires flashing that will automatically overwrite the tuned program.

2. Check the software part number and software level in the Engine Control Module (J623).

3. Prior to beginning the SVM process, insert a USB memory stick into the VAS 5051 tester to capture the diagnostic log electronically.

4. Connect the VAS 5051A and VAS 5051B to a 110V AC power supply. The VAS 5051A and VAS 5051B must be connected to 110V AC power supply at all times during the procedure.

5. Update the Engine Control Module (J623) using SVM action code as listed in the table below if necessary.

Note: Only VAS 6017B adapter can be used for this update. Usage of VAS 6017 or 6017A may result in complete control module failure.

Model Engine Old Software Part Number Old Software Version

(or lower) New Software Part Number New Software Version

(or higher) SVM Action Code

S4 4.2L 8E0 910 560 A 0020 8E0 910 560 G 0030 8E01A037

S4 4.2L 8E0 910 560 C 0010 8E0 910 560 H 0020

S4 4.2L 8E0 910 560 G 0020 8E0 910 560 G 0030

S4 4.2L 8E0 910 560 H 0010 8E0 910 560 H 0020

S4 4.2L 8E0 910 560 Q 0020 8E0 910 560 G 0030

S4 Cabrio 4.2L 8H0 910 560 B 0020 8H0 910 560 F 0030

S4 Cabrio 4.2L 8H0 910 560 C 0020 8H0 910 560 G 0020

S4 Cabrio 4.2L 8H0 910 560 G 0010 8H0 910 560 G 0020

S4 Cabrio 4.2L 8H0 910 560 F 0020 8H0 910 560 F 0030

• If the vehicle has a tuned ECM or TCM, ensure the Control Module Tuning form has been filled out by the owner.

• Tip: The SVM Process must be completed in its entirety so the database receives the update confirmation response. A warranty claim may not be reimbursed if there is no confirmation response to support the claim.

• After updating the programming of the ECM, it is not necessary to set the Readiness Code.

For further SVM update instructions and troubleshooting, please refer to the SVM Operating Manual; ElsaWeb TSB 2011732.

Warranty

When procedure applies to vehicles under warranty, use the following:

SAGA

Claim Type: 110

Service Number: 2470

Damage Code: 0039

Labor Operations: 2470 25 99 Update Engine Control Module with SVM 70 TU

Diagnostic Time: Diagnostic time reimbursement follows guidelines printed in Section 2.2 of the Audi Warranty Policies and Procedures Manual

Claim Comment: As per TSB #2017369/3

All warranty claims submitted for payment must be in accordance with the Audi Warranty Policies and Procedures Manual. Claims are subject to review or audit by Audi Warranty.

Required Parts and Tools

• Approved charger.

Additional Information

The following Technical Service Bulletin will be necessary to complete this procedure:

• 2011732; Software Version Management (SVM) Operating Manual

All part and service references provided in this TSB are subject to change and/or removal. Always check with your Parts Dept. and service manuals for the latest information.

0 0 0