Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Hope you can help out here. My Audi A4 have couple of faults and I don't know how to proceed now to fix the problems.

All doors except for driver's door are locking and locking with the key and by remote. But the driver's door needs to be opened and closed by the key.
    The windows motors located on driver's and front passenger door won't work (There are no motors for back windows).

I have done following:

1. Changed the central convenience module and reprogrammed the keys so they can be used with the new module. The problem was still there.
    2. I have tried to switch the central locking module from drivers side to passenger side and the module is working, the doors can be opened and closed. So I don't suspect the control module to be faulty.
    3. Checked that all modules receive 12 V and they do.
    4. The windows motors are checked seperately with the battery and the motors works perfectly. They don't however receive 12 V from central locking module.
    5. Checked with VAG-COM for fault codes. I receive that the central locking module for drivers side have no communication.

I haven't managed to find any wiring diagram so I don't now where to check the wires. I like to check the wires from/to central locking modules so they are not damaged anywhere bot I don't know where to look. Do you know how to fix this problem or where I can find online WDS for Audi cars. I know for example that there is free online WDS site for BMW cars but I cannot find for Audi.

Thank you in advance guys!

Best regards

0 0 0

2. Re: Driver side central locking and front windows motors won't work 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Check the loom between the drivers door and the A pillar, it is common for wires to break inside the rubber sleeve
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

3. Re: Driver side central locking and front windows motors won't work 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx, I will do that.

0 0 0

4. Re: Driver side central locking and front windows motors won't work 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the exact same issue with my A3 the dam thing decided to go after I had opened my drivers window, spent 2 hours turnin ignition on and off before I was able to get the window to shut, the reset in the owners manual didnt work . Put the car on the VAG-COM at work says the control module is faulty ,managed to get Audi to give me the correct part number and found the exact one on eBay fingers crossed I can get the lads to fit it this week. Hopefully that will be the end of the issues and I can re open the windows again when it gets hot again.
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

5. Re: Driver side central locking and front windows motors won't work 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, I only received fault code: No communication or something so I suspect the cables. It has to be because on the passanger side, the same module was working with central locking. The windows motors are totally dead however on both sides. I have also tried to put used (but fully functional) central locking modules but that didn't fix anything.
    Let me know how it goes for you...

0 0 0

6. Re: Driver side central locking and front windows motors won't work 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All lights on the drivers door buttons died as well as functions , yesterday it all started working again gutted, I didnt dare open the drivers side , chase the workshop boss later today and see if I cant get it sorted this week.
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0