Notices

User Tag List

Thread: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable?

1. B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I've been searching the forum for an answer to my problem but just can't get the answer I'm looking for. The front passenger door handle no longer operates on 2006 B6 Sport and I've unsuccessfully tried all the quick fixes such as slamming the door and holding the interior handle whilst pulling the outer handle from this thread and numerous others:-
    https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...n+bowden+cable.
    I've used the slamming fix numerous times in the past on the same door so I'm beginning to assume the cable has gone completley this time.

I was hoping the cable attached in the same fashion as the B5 but after taking the lock cap off the handle I can't see where the cable attaches to the exterior handle. Has anyone got a guide or "how to" on fixing or replacing the cable? I read somewhere that in America there's a VW service bulletin that covers the repair of the door handle bowden cable but I can't find a mention of this anywhere online - has anyone seen or got a copy of this.?

Any help or advice would be greatfully received as I can't afford to take it round the dealership at the moment and seeing as it's the front door I could do with getting it fixed.

Cheers in advance folks,

Scottie.

2007 VW Touran Sport 2.0 TDI
    Pumpkin Android headunit

1990 Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6, 1999 Passat SE 1.9 TDI, 2006 Passat Sport 2.0 TDI and 2012 Passat Est Sport 2.0 TDI - all gone but not forgotten.

0 0 0

2. Re: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Folks,

Update for you all as it seems the door handle decided to fix itself some time over the last couple of days - so not a broken bowden cable afterall. Seems strange that it just started to work again tho.

Pumpkin Android headunit

1990 Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6, 1999 Passat SE 1.9 TDI, 2006 Passat Sport 2.0 TDI and 2012 Passat Est Sport 2.0 TDI - all gone but not forgotten.

0 0 0

3. Re: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottiedogg View Post
    Hi Folks,

Update for you all as it seems the door handle decided to fix itself some time over the last couple of days - so not a broken bowden cable afterall. Seems strange that it just started to work again tho.
    Mebe worth getting yourself a VCDS Autoscan to see if the control module is throwing any faults?
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

4. Re: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just as an aside, MOT now covers opening of all doors whereas in the past we would ignore a inoperable handle, now we cannot.

0 0 0

5. Re: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    As suggested by Richard I did a full VCDS scan and no faults are showing for the door control module. Still makes me wonder what went wrong and how it fixed itself?

Cheers,

Scottie.

Pumpkin Android headunit

0 0 0

6. Re: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Even more strange is that from lock inoperable to lock working again, no fault had been stored...
    Hadn't flicked on the child safety by any chance, and then off again?

As long as it works!
    Cheers
    RichardSEL

0 0 0

7. Re: B6 Sport - Door handle broken bowden cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah I've already checked out those suggestions and they didn't work this time so I gave up. A few days later and the wife tried the door on auto pilot and it just opened. Go figure.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Pumpkin Android headunit

0 0 0