1. Fuel pump and computer advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI broke on me Saturday, driving along without a care and it just stopped, no indication on anything and seemed like fuel starvation - i.e. none coming through. RAC man tried everything and said it was probably the pump (No fault codes came up when he plugged in his diagnostics). Got it dropped at local garage who managed to replace pump with a VAG replacement. Now the fuel gauge dors not work and the air temp is apparently -28 degrees! Does this mean there is a computer problem, the RAC man or the garage fused soemthing or is there a more sinister explanation - next step is to take to a VAG garage but any ideas greatly appreciated?

0 0 0

2. Re: Fuel pump and computer advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you manage to get this sorted....mine just done exactly the same thing, dead as a dodo...

0 0 0

3. Re: Fuel pump and computer advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victorwhiskey View Post
    Did you manage to get this sorted....mine just done exactly the same thing, dead as a dodo...
    Fuel pump changed and all ok so far; after 6 weeks of using with dodgy gauge I decided to take to VAG garage to connect their computer to find out why fuel gauge and temp was wrong - It was down to a lost earth - probably a wire knocked of by local garage when changing pump (in and around the relays which are located behind steering column) - cost me best part of £300 just for that info and a bit of a clean/health check!

0 0 0

4. Re: Fuel pump and computer advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply..What pump was changed? The lift pump in the tank or the pressure pump in the engine bay. I've just bought a new lift pump, fitted it and still not starting. RAC have said maybe an 'air lock' in the fuel lines/engine?
    if that's the case does anyone know if the system can be bled?

0 0 0

5. Re: Fuel pump and computer advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Turns out it WAS air stuck in the fuel lines....RAC came out again, diagnostics showed no faults. Newley fitted lift pump was priming the system ok and fuel was getting to the filter ok too. My engine can't be bled so only option was small squirt of easy start in the air intake ( I know it's not good stuff to use but felt there was no other option ). Once engine began to fire, enough pressure was built to open injectors and hey presto!! blocked air was released. For the record I have a 2007 mk5 GT SportTDi 140bhp. I thought I may as well post this update to help out if anyone else experiences a simulacrum problem.

0 0 0