Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all.
    Just a quick update for all looking at performing this retro fit.
    for the parts, as specified on David @ AudiEnthusiasts, highly recommend contacting Mickael at mshugaev-2008. Got everything I needed, terminals, cables etc., and therefore no need to splice cables.
    Also, for RHD Audi's anyway, would offer the following, by way of "lessons learnt"
    1. The existing hand brake switch was not held in by any screws, so just needed a good push to remove. Dont know if this is a revision or whehter they simply did not install when mine was build. COnsequently have just let the "clips" secure the new switch, as before. Wasted some time on this one....looking for screws that were simply not there.
    2. I'm running my cables to the Fuse Block on the passenger side (as the ABS unit is on this side so figure it'll be tidier to run the cables when I complete the job.....waiting not for disc pad replacement when I'll take the wheel housing off and run the wires via that route. Fingers crossed!
    3. When trying to get the Black Fuse block off, struggled with this. Reason being it's tight up to a bulk head, and didnt appreciate for some time that the clip holding it in place is NOT on the bottom, but on the top of the block, which is hidden by the bulk head. Once I realised this, it did come off quite easily, blind/touch and feel so to speak. HOWEVER,
    4. Had to remove the Glove Box as could not get access to the rear of the block with it in place. This came away really easily, held in situ by 6 bold, 3 inside and external 2 bottom and 1 side (in the fuse area. Once dropped, then came the next issue/challenge - as up to know it was all "new".
    5. Had to take a spur off an existing live feed, which, when you look at the rear, are all on the left. I bottled it at this point and took the vehicle an auto electrician, who kindly did the spur & soldering into one of the (many) available free slots. Thanks Auto Electric Jersey (Channel Islands). That took the chap a few minutes and job done.
    6. Connected the new wire from the new switch, and for the time being put the car back together, as I said previously, now waiting for the service when will complete the install.

Hope this is of use to any other keen DIY'er

Tried contacting David at Audienthusiasts but he's removed his contact screen to if anyone can forward this into onto hi, which might end up on his web page in due course, that would be great.

All the best & thanks
    Perry

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Hold Assist retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought I would mention I have completed this retrofit and all works as it should except on earlier vehicles MY2013 A5, when you remove your foot from the brake pedal the engine starts (start/stop deactivated) because the monitoring of start/stop is via the brake pedal not the throttle pedal - disappointing really!
    Audi S5 3.0TFSI 354 Quattro Sportback 8sp Tiptronic 2018

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Hold Assist retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just finished this retrofit on my late08MY A5Q with 1AT ABS. Works a treat.
    Thanks for the tips on earlier posts.

One thing that caught me out was how far the ABS plug pin release (purple bit) moves. Only needed to slide it a few mm using a lever on the end with a tab in the middle. I was trying to get it further for ages, but there was no need.
    I routed cable through the ECU port, then alongside main ECU cable, through the big rubber grommet. Then passed through the engine bay bulkhead where a big cable comes through from the cavity, again through a big rubber grommet alongside the cable. Well neat.
    Took power feed from black fuse section in driver's doorway. then ran the cables together over the footwell air vent and alongside the centre console trim.

Amazed this wasn't spec'd by the original owner. Why on earth not for the few quid it would've cost?!
    I had to have it as my Passat wagon has it, and once you're used to it, it's hard to live without.

0 0 0

4. Thumbs up Re: Audi Hold Assist retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_paul View Post
    Just finished this retrofit on my late08MY A5Q with 1AT ABS. Works a treat.
    glad you got it done, yes the ABS cap was a bit worrying at the time

Amazed this wasn't spec'd by the original owner. Why on earth not for the few quid it would've cost?!
    Think it's standard now, but at the time I specced mine, I didn't think hill hold would be much use with an automatic, so didn't order it.
    2017 A5 sportback, 2.0TFSI, quattro, S tronic, S line, virtual cockpit, mythos black.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Hold Assist retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBard View Post
    I didn't think hill hold would be much use with an automatic, so didn't order it.
    Totally understand that. I guess it's a bit like the stop/start - kind of makes AHHA pointless.

I've never been brave enough to have another auto since my 190e chucked me into a ditch (not that a tip or s-tronic quattro would do that!)
    I bought my manual A5q for nearly as much as a mate spent on a new mechatronic unit in his S5 stronic - I can't afford repair bills like that!

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Hold Assist retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I guess it's a bit like the stop/start - kind of makes AHHA pointless.
    I bought my manual A5q for nearly as much as a mate spent on a new mechatronic unit in his S5 stronic
    I got rid of my A4 as I suspected the mechatronics was on the way out (hydraulics overtemperature according to vcds)
    now have an A5, still auto, but with both start-stop and hill-hold from the factory, they don't fight each other, though the start-stop is sometimes a bit unpredctable.
    2017 A5 sportback, 2.0TFSI, quattro, S tronic, S line, virtual cockpit, mythos black.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123