Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.
    My Dad is driving an 07 Jetta with not many miles on it.
    It is a four door. For a while now he has noticed corrosion on the sill
    of the nearside dear door, looks a bit rusty to be honest.
    The car has had no paint or bodywork done.
    I read through a few pages on google and am now under the impression
    that vw has an anti corrosion warranty for either seven or twelve years.
    By the looks of things, trying to claim under this warranty is like extracting
    teeth. He was going to have it smart repaired this week
    I was wondering where he would stand regarding claiming under the
    anti corrosion warranty ? Is it worth the time and effort pursuing it ?
    Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Rusty sill. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No harm in trying. VW have a 12 year corrsion warranty. Also check the bootlid around the boot lid release and lits the shine on the number plate. Also pop the bonnet and check down the side as well for corrosion.

The body shop think it's no issue to repair my car under the warranty and hopefully i'll be getting a new bonnet as a replacement!

0 0 0

3. Re: Rusty sill. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You are right my friend...........It does seem to be like teeth for most concerened with them offering maybe 50% - 70% goodwill, although you still end up being charged a fortune, this in leui of ANY warranty, generally speaking it seems!!

As Manutor says though, for gods sake you have to at least ask the question n see what response you get.

Be aware - This issue is also very well known and documented here and many other VW sites where the corrosion "appears" on the top of the wheel arches!
    It may be some time before they appear / if they appear, but if/ when they do they gather pace and worsen very rapidly.

Good luck

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

4. Re: Rusty sill. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies.
    I am thinking along the lines of having it smart repaired.
    The idea of trying to argue a case with VW puts me off. I think it would be a long, drawn out process with a negative outcome. They bend over backwards to take your money, wether it is buying a car or parts, yet they tighten the purse strings when it comes to doing something for you. I guess it is not soely VW who do this, it it probably the same anywhere else.
    Ah well, anything for an easy life !!

0 0 0

5. Re: Rusty sill. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not that painful, trust me, i've done it. Went to the VW bodyshop, the estimator comes out and take a a few pics etc and sends it off to VW. Just then have to wait for a response. For the sake of a couple of weeks it's worth a try isn't it?

0 0 0

6. Re: Rusty sill. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    +1

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0