Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I haven't been on here for a while but I am looking to change my MK5 Golf for another MK5.

I have a cloth interior with antracite (grey) dash, centre console, arm rest, and steering wheel etc.

I'm looking for a MK5 with ALL black interior, with leather. My father has one, the leather is black, the steering wheel, dash, console, arm rest etc. This so far seems very rare - or is it just me!

I have VW dealers on the case because what i can't seem to find is another all black model, they are a bit lost with this too. I'm looking for it in a GT Sport 140 or 170 TDI.

I have even found one with a black dash and wheel, but grey elsewhere.
    One i found at an indy dealer has a black wheel, but all the rest is grey, even the leather!

I find VW's search for used cars is prettty poor, when they list the interior colour it is either wrong or from the pictures you can't acually tell if they are correct or not!

What confuses me more is that i have in front of me brochures and price guides from 2008 which at no point list grey leather nor do they say a black dash was an option or standard fitment. only dash is anthracite grey!

I would love some help please....
    Thanks.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

2. Re: Leather and interior colours help pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you have really high demands, so here goes, the black leather steering wheel you would get from late 2006 on, black leather is a GT/GTI extra and the GTIs defo have black plastic trim, i think the car you would need to look at would be a GT 170 sport TDI or an eddie/R32 apart from that i think you would be peeing in the wind tbh

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

3. Re: Leather and interior colours help pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    you have really high demands, so here goes, the black leather steering wheel you would get from late 2006 on, black leather is a GT/GTI extra and the GTIs defo have black plastic trim, i think the car you would need to look at would be a GT 170 sport TDI or an eddie/R32 apart from that i think you would be peeing in the wind tbh
    Thanks, probably should have said mine is a '54 2004, one of the very first. My dads is a '08 2008 facelift model. I would be only looking at a facelift model GT TDI.
    I've only ever seen black plastic trim and the dark dash inserts in the facelift GT TDI's that's not a problem.

There is no way Dads car will be sold without me getting hold of it first, even VW can't explain it yet!

Don't get me wrong i will keep my car until i find one with a spec i'd like or as close as i can get to ideal, why spend hard earned unless it's want you desire. Thought after VW the best bet was to ask the people who own the cars im questioning
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

4. Re: Leather and interior colours help pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.

I've done a little bit more research which may help anyone else out who cares to know.....

The later face lifted models with the 'GT sport' badge on the front grille with and without leather have a black/dark grey top half of the dash board, the top part of the door cards are black/dark grey, and the steering wheel is black/dark grey. However the interior colour is still referred to as anthracite. The rest of the dash board and console/arm rest is the conventional bluey/light grey. The leather is dark grey but very often referred to as black. It's quite amazing how the combination of the dark greys are - hence my initial confusion!

I did find online one for sale that looked good from the pictures and sounded good from what I asked over the phone. A '58 plate with 40k on the clock, full speck exactly what i'm after. However soon after getting there (120 miles away) it was clear to see it was in worse condition than my current car which is twice the age and twice the mileage.
    The ‘few marks on the wheels’ were big kurb marks, rust under the bonnet and a nasty bit on a front wheel arch, huge rusty chips on the bonnet left to spread. The G and O badge on the back were even corroded. It looked as if it had been left from new and only ever cleaned once with sandpaper. Tar covered most of the bodywork up to waist height.
    It had obviously been parked often in a garage, the driver’s door had been opened on to the wall multiple times, with about 8inches of paint on the corner missing but what was amazing was that the protection strip had been rubbed away about 5mm in depth!
    The dealer was a nice chap but was stunned to see me walk away, he thought I would not find a car ANY better the same age and mileage, regardless of make or model.
    I’m like errr… my father has one 6 months older absolutely spotless…
    So eyes kept peeled...
    Last edited by Kevster140; 06-05-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

5. Re: Leather and interior colours help pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Pity you want a diesel. The late model GTI, before the Mk 6 came along had standard leather & heated seats. You would have been able to find one somewhere.

If you are really set on your Dad's car, you can sometimes find out where it is going for auction, unless it is going directly back into the dealer network. For ex-lease cars the auction price is usually a lot better than you would pay direct from the company.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

6. Re: Leather and interior colours help pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Pity you want a diesel. The late model GTI, before the Mk 6 came along had standard leather & heated seats. You would have been able to find one somewhere.

If you are really set on your Dad's car, you can sometimes find out where it is going for auction, unless it is going directly back into the dealer network. For ex-lease cars the auction price is usually a lot better than you would pay direct from the company.
    Hi. Indeed I'd find it hard going back to petrol. Be happy with a DSG if I could find one, they appear to be higher mileage than the manuals.

The leather was standard on the GT trim too from 08 on, from the vw info I have. But I do see some with cloth.

Sorry if I've mislead you, dad is not selling his car. It is privately owned, but if he was to look to change and by that time I'm still looking I will consider it. The main compromise being the climate. Other spec can be retrofitted.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

7. Re: Leather and interior colours help pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After a lot of searching and having 3 VW dealer groups looking i have found one, with climate, leather and VW NAV. Has a few slight compromises - hope to pick up next week
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0