Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, having a small disagreement with the t*t across the road does anyone know if its illegal to park in a turning bay?
    Where the car is it does not stop anyone from turning and does not block any drive ways.
    Any help would be great.
    M

0 0 0

2. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you supply a photo of the scene. As far as i'm aware, so long as you don't obstruct an entry or driveway and there is enough space for a fire engine to pass then you should be ok. Is there a sign that says to keep clear or that it is a turning circle?

0 0 0

3. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have tryed to upload a picture of the turning bay but can't somehow.
    Anyway there is no road markings to say this is what it is and there is also plenty of room for a fire engine to turn and no driveways are blocked.
    His complaint is that when he looks out his window he can see my car.
    So my reply was "Thats good saves me having an expensive alarm fitted as you can keep an eye on it"
    Thanks for the help.
    M

0 0 0

4. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    its the same on my street, its not illegel as long as you are not blocking access and that a fire engine can fit past.

if its a cul-de-sac you only hassle you will get is from your neighbours,

one other point... if its a NEW build property more than likley theres a rule stating van bigger than (for example a normal transit van) are not permitted..

but in regards to turning circles... tell him to turn around and walk back indoors!

RickT

0 0 0

5. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    its the same on my street, its not illegel as long as you are not blocking access and that a fire engine can fit past.

if its a cul-de-sac you only hassle you will get is from your neighbours,

one other point... if its a NEW build property more than likley theres a rule stating van bigger than (for example a normal transit van) are not permitted..

but in regards to turning circles... tell him to turn around and walk back indoors!

RickT

Hi

Similar problems in my street.

It is not illegal to park in a turning bay, unless it is marked as keep clear / double yellow lines etc.

However how bad is parking generally in your street?

Is there anywhere else you can park?

Also do you view this turning bay as your space? Example would you be annoyed if you came home and someone else had parked in it?

I only ask because you dont want disputes with your neighbours to escalate? Then you will be constantly worrying about your car............

I have a similar problem in that I do park in a turning bay in front of my short driveway (too many cars) most neighbours dont mind but sometimes you get a dissaproving glance...

Hope it sorts itself out, try ignoring the guy he may get bored...

Regards

Richard

0 0 0

6. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all it is a cul-de-sac and its only one guy who thinks he should be able to park in the space its right outside my house but across the road from his. Turning out to be really funny thou, he pulled up next to me at the lights last night and speed off to get the space, although my car would blow him away I let him go thinking he was going to get the space.
    Oh how I laughed when I came in just after him as I know my brothers car was in the space
    His poor wee face was like this.
    The thing is he thinks it bothers me but it doesn't I find myself parking there more just to p him off,as long as I can get in and out my drive anyone could park there.
    Well thanks for the advise didn't want any parking tickets etc, I'll keep you all updated with his efforts for the golden space
    M

0 0 0

7. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you could set up a web cam so we can all log on and have a look. I'm sure there are web cam hosting sites out there somewhere?

0 0 0

8. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi again,I've not got a web cam ifyou go onto www.192.com/maps and put in post code G331LN you'll see the turning bay is on the left as you come off the main road.
    M

0 0 0

9. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If his only issue is that he can see your car from his window and not that he thinks it's illegal for you to park there, I say it's time to get yourself a Barbie pink Reliant Robin with fluorescent yellow wheels.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

10. Re: Is it illegal to park in a turning bay? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a bit of a prat to me, what car does he drive by the way? Why does he think he should park in front of your house, does he not have enough parking himself?
    '53 Smart Roadster Coupe - So much fun, so little cost to run!!

'03 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H - Currently off the road due to binning it on the M1!

'02 A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone but missed daily!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast