Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

Yes a bit of a change, but after 7 month of RS4 ownership I decided to sell it, why you may ask, well not the petrol as work from home.

One reason is medical, about 4 months ago my left foot went numb, lower spine problem, make's the clutch use in traffic very unpleasent.

Two had a big scare when the front shocks went on the RS4, DRC system cost £3500 to get fixed, lucky Audi did it under a 5 year goodwill service they offer on RS4 on the DRC shocks.

Plus I had my fun and ticked the box, so put it up for sale for £22,000 private, no interest all, then £21000, so went out looking for P/ex on a XC90 was offered £18500 tops, NO THANKS

Wife loved her old 2002 A6 avant so thought i would look at the newer one, I liked the look of the Le Mans model, so I had as scout round, Audi Crawley had a 2.7 Le Mans Multitronic, though i would just pop in to see what you get for you cash, not my colour as it was Black.

Anyway, liked the look and spec of the car, asked them for a price on mine just for a comparrison, £20K I was shocked and happy.

Then the salemans hit me with a knock out blow, car was coming up to is 90 day stock limit, so it's company policy it has to go to either a different dealer in the group at trade money or get sold within 7 days.

Hence they had just knocked £2000 off the price, so at £22,500 with a years tax, I agreed to buy it, so much for just looking .

So thats a 2010 A6 2.7 Black Lemans Multitronic with 22,300 miles, black and black leather. 4 new tyres, 1 years tax, 1 years warranty left and just serviced.

Found their original ad they put up 90 days ago, it was up for £26300, then reduced to £24,300, then to £22,300

I even got to keep my £460 RS4 tax disc for a refund.

Yes I know it multitronic, but its does not seem there the time bomb they once were I hope ! But I will exstended the warranty next year just in case.

OK it not a RS4, but i love the gearbox, as not a fan of the slush autobox's, seem quick enough, lots of grunt, does not sound like a diesel, wifes A3 140 TDI sound like a london cab.

I was thinking i probably only ever had the RS4 on full throttle for about 10 minutes in the 7 months i owned it, UK roads are just to busy, mind you did have some fun with a Maserratti on the way to trade it in, he was most upset to have a estate car keeping up with him, a fitting end to my ownership, i think.

Re A6

Steering is a bit light, but so many toys to play with inside, plenty to wrong too.

Its got the uprated MMI but no DAB, seen some kits on ebay for it, is worth doing ?

Anyway still got 2 Triumph motorbikes for my speed adrenaline rush.

But anyway Hi

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Welcome to VWAF

Get some pics up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Goodbye 2007 RS4 Avant, Hello 2010 A6 le mans avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

2.7 is detuned 3.0 so would not be surprised if by talking to one of the site sponsors like AP Tuning etc you could get up to that or higher PS/BHP.... again no expert

Again looking at parts/service guide later is best and IMO I've always thought before buying latest version of car eg say an A6 C7 would not the latest of last gen be best as all production problems etc would be ironed out...

I'd think Multitronic not bad because again you would have latest modules/software for ECU's etc...

On DAB I have enjoyed it great retro would recommend blinky list of stations seems endless compared to standard radio...

And on Avant aerial in built in rear glass unlike swapout on saloon to do factory fit equivalent... I would assume yours would be 3G MMI can look up part no etc but would not think it would be harder than on 2G MMI...

Don't know if you would run into Component protection/coding issue as usually I only research stuff I do...

But ready and willing to help

Great looking car (I am sucker for Avant) even if mine giving me pain at mo...

0 0 0

4. Re: Goodbye 2007 RS4 Avant, Hello 2010 A6 le mans avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve1635 View Post

mind you did have some fun with a Maserratti on the way to trade it in, he was most upset to have a estate car keeping up with him, a fitting end to my ownership, i think.
    that made me smile
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: Goodbye 2007 RS4 Avant, Hello 2010 A6 le mans avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As per my signature I have the 3.0TDI A6 and think it is awesome, except for the steering. Is it just me, it lacks any sense of feel. For such a monster of a car it is a real pity. I've very very close to selling and moving on.
    Audi A6 3.0TDI S-line Le Mans Avant Tiptronic 2010. Phantom Black. Fully loaded.
    Audi TT 225 Coupe 2003.
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9TDI 130 Sport manual. Oil Catch can. Leather, RPS, cruise, Bluetooth, arm rest.
    Eunos Roadster, 1989, first 1000 ever produced.

0 0 0