Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
    Try shark performance, he gets great reviews
    I haven't seen Ben from Shark on here for a while, but I think he is a site sponsor. People who used him and reported back always seemed to be very pleased. He does an equivalent of V-Switch too, so you can switch maps or even install a map to disable the engine if you are leaving the car unattended for a while.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

2. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I sell the alientech powergate also just like all the others. The alientech powergate is simply rebranded with each tuners logo on it and so each tuner can supply their own maps for the units. Brilliant tool and I have sold many of these over the years, they also double as a BASIC diagnostic scanner for the particular ecu that it is set up for. I actually have a master version as one of my tools and it never lets me down.

1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
    My 2009 2.0 tdi is mapped without any issues. I doesn't have the tri lock ecu. Makes a nice difference plus better economy. Don't touch the blue fin. I tried it and the gains are poor and it didn't feel much different. Go with a custom map if possible. Try shark performance, he gets great reviews
    Got that confused with something else!

What I meant was the 2011 cars need the ecu removed .. Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I certainly think a remap is the first thing in order to get done after the MOT on Saturday... then maybe a think about whats next... an Stainless steel exhaust might be an option but at the moment Im not convinced that on a 2.0lt tdi its gonna sound impressive, sporty or grunty ....maybe on a 2.7lt or a 3.0lt
    But then on the other hand getting a stainless steel exhaust, compared to having a replacement exhaust works out cheaper in the long run...plus I can always sell the current one on ebay once Ive had it done

Then I also have to consider the service is due in 90 or so days and I still want a VAG COM....and no I havent got a money tree... just wanna spend some money on me for a change instead of everyone else in this bloody house hold...wife and kids and all...

0 0 0

5. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swampey View Post
    Well I certainly think a remap is the first thing in order to get done after the MOT on Saturday... then maybe a think about whats next... an Stainless steel exhaust might be an option but at the moment Im not convinced that on a 2.0lt tdi its gonna sound impressive, sporty or grunty ....maybe on a 2.7lt or a 3.0lt
    But then on the other hand getting a stainless steel exhaust, compared to having a replacement exhaust works out cheaper in the long run...plus I can always sell the current one on ebay once Ive had it done

Then I also have to consider the service is due in 90 or so days and I still want a VAG COM....and no I havent got a money tree... just wanna spend some money on me for a change instead of everyone else in this bloody house hold...wife and kids and all...
    I know the feeling matey, you work all the hours and never get to spend any of the money you earn before family and bills come along!
    Did you get my PM? You have my number if I can be of any further help.

1 0 0

6. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I did and Im still exploring some tuning options at the moment

0 0 0

7. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptuning View Post
    I can be of any further help.
    Hi, just doing ground work at mo is mileage on engine a factor you look at for remap? mine@76K 3.0TDi PS225

Does a little remap effect service interval? once a year oil change at mo

Would reliability/problems on car be exasperated by remap? like on PC if you overclock shorten life of component etc

Do your remap receive updates?

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Got that confused with something else!

What I meant was the 2011 cars need the ecu removed .. Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I enquired about one of the plug-in remapping devices a while ago, and I was told that it couldn't be used on my 2009 car as the ECU encryption hadn't been cracked. I was told a standard remap was possible, utilising a different area in memory than the standard map. I guess things have moved on since then, though - it was probably 18 months ago.

Cheers!

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder what the cost of one of them alientech powergate are compared to Bluefin and V Switch Box and is it as good

Humm had a look at shark, Just same as the V Switch box......and costs £50 more and Ive seen V Switch box is on a special deal at the moment

0 0 0

10. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mileage can be a factor, if for example it's over 100K then I would not like to put on a full power map unless the customer specifically asks for it.
    As for service intervals, a yearly service is fine denpending on the mileage you do.
    generally speaking a remap is not going to exasperate componants anymore than standard software as it is all done within safety limits of the engine. I currently run a saab 9-3 2.0T aero 210bhp which i have mapped to approx 285bhp. As I have mapped it to this point the extra torque which is 90Nm more than standard, it has nearly done the clutch in but then my car does have 112K at present. But other than this the car is running spot on with no other problems. So you see their really is not anything to worry about with the car remapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Hi, just doing ground work at mo is mileage on engine a factor you look at for remap? mine@76K 3.0TDi PS225

Does a little remap effect service interval? once a year oil change at mo

Would reliability/problems on car be exasperated by remap? like on PC if you overclock shorten life of component etc

Do your remap receive updates?

Thanks in advance

1 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast