Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Mutitronic
    auto does....

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...di-Multitronic

See Crasher post 2 see post about A6 as well somewhere can't find at mo...
    Yep, but thats CVT, not what I was meaning by a "conventional" auto :-) - and as Chris says, all quattros are tiptronic multi-gear autos.

0 0 0

2. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    a good explanation of mmi for prefacelift here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_Media_Interface

i would write them out but my keyboard is playing up for some reason

0 0 0

3. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rafe View Post
    What are the levels of MMI? Ive seen one advertised as MMI Basic Plus (6.5 monochrome screen).

Is there a Basic, Basic Plus and High?

Also, are halogen lights the same as Xenon (or Bi-Xenon)? PLease excuse my ignorance!!

Cheers,

Ash
    No, halogen is "normal" bulbs, Xenon is a "gas discharge" bulb, run hotter, give a brighter seeming light with very focussed beam and sharp cut-off on dipped beam. Always have self-levelling as an anti-dazzle feature, and always have washers as the dirt on the lens coupled with the extra heat can give problems. When using mains (which are halogen bulbs) the shutter that gives the cut-off on the Xenon dips is also raised to give additional light output. Some people love xenons, some hate them. I've found it varies from car to car - my Honda CRV had waay too short a cut-off on dipped beam, with no light scatter to help, whereas the Mazd6 was great. Haven't driven my A6 in the dark yet.....

0 0 0

4. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your replies. Some adverts on Autotrader give lots of details, others much less. The general description given by the tabs on AT show all vehicles as having MMI basic plus, but some pictures show a colour screen. Also, all are listed as Halogen lights, although one advert listing states it has auto bi-xenon.

Is it likely that a Le Mans spec A6 would have 'basic' halogen lights rather than xenon (xenon being my preference).

Im hoping the one Im travelling to see tomorrow just has a poor advert write up rather than sub-par spec. I will be taking my trusty options code decoder with my (MACO free app on iPhone).

Cheers again,

Ash

0 0 0

5. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Xenon will have a projector lens on the outside of the headlight like this one (the bulb straight above the washer jet) with a Daytime running light on the inside and will of course have washers.

Xenon eqipped models will have LED rear lights too.

Care to provide the advert? You can send via PM if you wish and I'll have a look.

Le Mans dont come with Xenon as standard but they can be specified with them.

If you have access to the service book with the sticker in the front page or the sticker in the spare wheel well, use this site http://igorweb.org/equidec/ on your phone to decode them as its a vw/audi specific option decoder.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Sorry, my bad should have posted that 3.0 is tiptronic & quattro as standard, 2.7 is tip/quattro optional,etc

Only reason I quote was did not want new buyer to think if he go for any type of auto they do not have dmf... people sometimes change mind...

and rafletcher (slapped thanks on post of Autocar Buyers guide yesterday good read )
    You're welcome :-)

Thanks for all your replies. Some adverts on Autotrader give lots of details, others much less. The general description given by the tabs on AT show all vehicles as having MMI basic plus, but some pictures show a colour screen. Also, all are listed as Halogen lights, although one advert listing states it has auto bi-xenon.

Is it likely that a Le Mans spec A6 would have 'basic' halogen lights rather than xenon (xenon being my preference).

Im hoping the one Im travelling to see tomorrow just has a poor advert write up rather than sub-par spec. I will be taking my trusty options code decoder with my (MACO free app on iPhone).

Cheers again,

Ash
    Have a read of this - the brochures are too big to upload, but Gup has links to them stored somewhere.
    Audi A6 Autocar used review.pdf

The MMI you want (IMO) has a larger colour screen, and the navigation runs from a DVD drive in the boot. MMI 2G High. Has 6CD changer in glove box too.
    Last edited by Guest 2; 07-01-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Merge

0 0 0

7. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I struggled to get the information I needed from some dealers on autotrader so I got the car reg and called up my local audi dealer who were able to tell me what spec the car left the garage with
    A6 3.0 TDI Le Mans

0 0 0

8. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chris,

It's the vehicle in the advert I posted in entry #15.

Cheers,

Ash

0 0 0

9. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, not meaning to step on anyone's toes from my experience in 9mths I've hit 2k on spend after purchase in 9mths, maybe another £2k to sort chains as do not wanna lose engine... After knowing what I know I would go for this one (like Chris post earlier)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201215462579734 only as you orig said £18k your budget, IMO if it meant paying deposit and paying in full month or so later I would as from looking at parts/service guides (production/software/modules etc was better/sorted by this time)...

against the one you said in post 15 would you consider this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01219469409373 for extra 3k and other budget limit you say of £15k

This is another example http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01216464879218 close to above lack xenons though...

Just thought's... compared to 2.0 maintenance/service is heavy ££ ... and trust me I checked I lotta things when buying...

0 0 0

10. Re: Possible 'new' Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Chris,

It's the vehicle in the advert I posted in entry #15.

Cheers,

Ash
    After looking on their website, it gives a better insight into the car. (http://www.junction26prestigetradece...01217466848817)

It does have the large colour screen in the middle, so check when you press Nav, then the bottom right inner key to show to map, make sure it does this.

Also press the TEL button and make sure it says Search for Mobile Phone .. if it says something like Telephone not installed or similar, it doesn't have bluetooth and will need fitted.

That particular car has halogen headlights.

If it were me, I'd rather go and see this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01217467344608 as I posted earlier on in the thread

Lower mileage and better kit

1 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast