Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all
    my first Audi and my first problem lol
    my alarm keeps going off at random times,had it scanned at audi dealer and they say its the glass break sensors but i know the drivers side rear glass doesnt have any loom to plug in to so is it only the heated rear screen with this feature ?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Im not sure. Maybe they mean the ultrasonics ? I could be wrong. Why dont you try turning the interior monitoring off by using the little switch on the inside of the drivers door pocket and see if the alarm goes off or not

0 0 0

3. Re: Glass break fault code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mmm not that im afraid
    i was wondering if the heated rear screen switches its use and becomes a glass break sensor when car is alarmed?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Never heard of it and not very likely as its basically a poweredwire for the HRW

A quick Google revealed this info ;

the sensors are located in the b-pillars. There are 4 total. 2 are forward facing, and 2 are rearward facing. They are at the very top of the b-pillar.

Taking down the b-pillar plastic should be treated the same way as letting a dentist rummage around in your mouth. It is a slight puzzle as to how to get those plastic pieces off without breakage, so in other words be very careful.

Basically, you can temporarily move the sensors (within the plastic covers) from side to side in the car. This will tell you if it is the sensor, or the wiring.

An "open circuit" isn't necessarily a wiring issue. It could be that the smoke was let out of the sensor, and the module is calling, but no one is home!

0 0 0

5. Re: Glass break fault code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Lad View Post
    Never heard of it and not very likely as its basically a poweredwire for the HRW

A quick Google revealed this info ;

the sensors are located in the b-pillars. There are 4 total. 2 are forward facing, and 2 are rearward facing. They are at the very top of the b-pillar.

Taking down the b-pillar plastic should be treated the same way as letting a dentist rummage around in your mouth. It is a slight puzzle as to how to get those plastic pieces off without breakage, so in other words be very careful.

Basically, you can temporarily move the sensors (within the plastic covers) from side to side in the car. This will tell you if it is the sensor, or the wiring.

An "open circuit" isn't necessarily a wiring issue. It could be that the smoke was let out of the sensor, and the module is calling, but no one is home!
    ta for reply
    i for got to say its an avant,i was led to believe the glass break sensor is on the rear side glass between the c and d pillars

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yes, from what I read last night, the avant is different. Maybe someone out there that has actually seen or knows for sure could help us out here lol

0 0 0

7. Re: Glass break fault code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I think all Avants throughout the range have tracks built in into the far back windows which I assume is alram related just above the filler flap. The picture I thought had them showing actually doesn't but it does.

1 0 0

8. Re: Glass break fault code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to all who replyed to my post but ive managed to sort it,quite easy actually,the glass break sensors are there but cant be seen(dont confuse thses with the aerial wires you can see)the glass break wires are next to the C pillar behind the black panel of glass,you can see them from the inside if you pull the trim away from the glass just above the seat belt.
    You remove the leather panel which goes from the seat back to the door opening so pull the seat bottom up and youll see a 8mm bolt,next remove the folding seat top bolt and that panel will come out revealing a 2 pin plug with 2 black wires from glass sensor(the wires from this plug go in to loom are colored whtie/purple and white/yellow)all you need to do is see if you have a resistance or a curcuit on the 2 black wires,1 of mine did and now has a scotch lock bridging them out and no more alarm trips.
    what has given me the hump is that it even went to a main dealer who had it for 90 mins and wanted to have another 90 more because they couldnt find the fault (£150 per hour thankyou).
    Now this dealer has a lovely showroom with a glass veiwing gallery in to the work shop so i could see them working on my car and i now know they were taking off the wrong bits of trim(they removed the big rear trim panels from C to D pillar) and needed more investigation !! i cant beleive they didnt know where the sensors are or the loom plugs.

0 0 0

9. Re: Glass break fault code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone else has this problem then you don't need to unbolt any of the seat trim or lift the rear bench.

Put the rear seat forward and undo the torx screw near the latch for the seat. Then pull the trim away from the c pillar. Lift up the foam rubber next to the window and feel underneath. The Break glass wiring is right there. Disconnect the plug and check the resistance. If it's giving a resistance then it is ok. No reading it's kaput. Just cut the wires above the window side of the plug and twist them together.
    Put the foam rubber back in place and pop the trim back in. Be careful as you can snag the c pillar if you hit it too hard. Try and push and prod it back down.

I now have a quiet and locked A6 once more.

Thanks to all the above for the information also.

0 0 0